+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rift Junkies Bladedancer DPS Raiding Guide

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Default Rift Junkies Bladedancer DPS Raiding Guide

Intro:

You might have it in your soloing spec. Maybe it is in your tanking spec. Itís almost certainly one of your melee dps specs. Bladedancer has many strengths for all rogue roles but itís capacity for damage is hard to beat. As well as offering several utilities for the rogue that are unique to the Bladedancer soul.

Being energy starved is one of the largest limitations for rogues. Combat Efficiency is the only talent or skill (other than Verse of Joy) that offers any energy return. Since every finisher will be used at five combo points, the return is always a max fifteen energy. Allowing for a forty energy skill to be used after every finisher without any wait.

Deadly Dance is one of the most powerful talents of any rogue soul. Itsí 105% increase to three skills is the highest of any rogue damage modifiers. Battle bards spam cadence and use deadly strike as their finisher, out healing all but Virtuoso spam. Saboteurs utilize it increasing the damage of all charges. It is an essential element to rogue damage currently. So much so that all but one top melee dps spec includes it.
    The spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hxzhoR.0Vkcxob

The full guide by Kythik here: http://www.riftjunkies.com/2011/06/1...edancer-guide/

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

The macro's in this guide can yield unnecessary Keen Strikes like Isomalt stated in the comments on the guide. You should change the guide to reflect the macros I've posted in this thread to ensure you get a proper rotation every time. The only time you get a wasted Keen Strike is when you're not behind the target to land a Backstab, an issue of positioning and not rotation.

You can use the Stealth/Dark Malady opener if you wish, personal preference imo and I seem to get better results not using it. (Not sure why)

The spec I linked is different from Isomalts but the basis is the same. The guide suggest a point into Sprint, which is a waste in Raids when you have Flash of Steel. That point is better off into Combat Culmination to reclaim energy anytime you have combo points leftover when your target dies, helps on any fight where you swap a target ever. Pay attention to the macros and rotation. Also remove Weapon Barrage from the rotation, it's almost useless at the end of the macro (only fires at range), and better off at the front of the macro during raids when you have Cost Reduction buffs active. It's not worth having in your macro when you're not buffed w/ Cost Reduction because it can hinder your other higher dps skills while you're energy starved.
    Last edited by Lokanu; 06-14-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Rules to Live by<insert ceiling cat here>
    Moar werld content plx!

You don't want to use Quick Strike in the rotations because it can prevent Precision Strike from the following rotation. Ideally this is what it should look like:

Fiery Spike, CP2(Dusk Strike), CP1(Backstab), Keen Strike, Deadly Strike
    Fiery Spike, CP2(Precision Strike), CP2(Puncture), Deadly Strike

Using the macro in the guide, if you have Quick Strike in the macro and find yourself not behind your target, it will instead do this:

Fiery Spike, 40e(Dusk Strike), 30e(Keen Strike), 30e(Quick Strike), Deadly Strike
    Fiery Spike, 40e(Puncture), 40e(NO 2 POINT SKILL AVAILABLE), Deadly Strike

That's because Puncture and Dusk Strike will be on CD, and you have to use another Keen Strike to activate Precision Strike, it was wasted in using Quick.
    Last edited by Lokanu; 06-14-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Rules to Live by<insert ceiling cat here>
    Moar werld content plx!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lokanu View Post
    You don't want to use Quick Strike in the rotations because it can prevent Precision Strike from the following rotation. Ideally this is what it should look like:

Fiery Spike, CP2(Dusk Strike), CP1(Backstab), Keen Strike, Deadly Strike
    Fiery Spike, CP2(Precision Strike), CP2(Puncture), Deadly Strike

Using the macro in the guide, if you have Quick Strike in the macro and find yourself not behind your target, it will instead do this:

Fiery Spike, 40e(Dusk Strike), 30e(Keen Strike), 30e(Quick Strike), Deadly Strike
    Fiery Spike, 40e(Puncture), 40e(NO 2 POINT SKILL AVAILABLE), Deadly Strike

That's because Puncture and Dusk Strike will be on CD, and you have to use another Keen Strike to activate Precision Strike, it was wasted in using Quick.
    different rotation. I'd rather have a just-in-case button with sprint than some minor increase on mostly trash.

Champion

That spec also has some minor problems. 1 point in Heat Retention is going to be vastly inferior to +15% damage from your weapon enchants. Ditto for a 2nd point in Melted Skin vs a 3rd point in Fire and Death Attunement. Also, what's the point in 2/2 Blade and Fury when you're only using one Keen Strike every 2nd rotation? Wouldn't Counterbalance and a 5th point in Combat Expertise be more versatile?
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    That spec also has some minor problems. 1 point in Heat Retention is going to be vastly inferior to +15% damage from your weapon enchants. Ditto for a 2nd point in Melted Skin vs a 3rd point in Fire and Death Attunement. Also, what's the point in 2/2 Blade and Fury when you're only using one Keen Strike every 2nd rotation? Wouldn't Counterbalance and a 5th point in Combat Expertise be more versatile?
    I'd have to test the weapon enhance but i doubt it. Unless something has changed from the last time i tested you only need 1/2 melted skin for maximum up time. Last I saw, the math said the same thing. Counterbalance is a waste since you are only using 1 bladedancer cd.

Everything I've tested has shown Puncture>Dusk Strike. Not sure why it's listed last in your macro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Wow. I posted this exact spec on my blog not a week ago. I think that Kythik guy should site sources. Mighty suspicious that he moved that one point from to Heat Retention, which is something unique to my spec.

http://www.dunsparrow.com/2011/06/bl...brid-spec.html

How about you give a brother some credit.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 06-14-2011 at 03:58 PM.

@Dunharrow, yours is better.

@OP, LOL! Just relooked at macros. you left WB out of your 40 CP (which assuming you have a chloro/bard, you shouldn't do), and you put it AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR 30 MACRO. I will allow that a moment to sink in. That it is after abilities that have no CD, and using WB on CD provides a net 20 dps increase.
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Wow. I posted this exact spec on my blog not a week ago. I think that Kythik guy should site sources. Mighty suspicious that he moved that one point from to Heat Retention, which is something unique to my spec.

Funny how you would take credit for something that a fair number of rogues have been using since 1.2. In fact I bet we could search this forum and even google for the same spec posted before your week ago. Any guide posted which claims creation of any spec is laughable. Also your rotation has 6cp's before a finisher? 2CP > Fiery Spike > 2CP > 1 CP > Deadly Strike

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    @Dunharrow, yours is better.

@OP, LOL! Just relooked at macros. you left WB out of your 40 CP (which assuming you have a chloro/bard, you shouldn't do), and you put it AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR 30 MACRO. I will allow that a moment to sink in. That it is after abilities that have no CD, and using WB on CD provides a net 20 dps increase.

Weapon barrage is your lowest priority. Since you have no need to spam your 40e macro you have no need for it to be there. Since you will be spamming your 30e macro having it at the end will make weapon barrage fire when hit durring a GCD.
    Last edited by kyth; 06-14-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Could you explain why heat retention / weapon enhancement > murderous intent? I see and understand everything else just not the reason for that extra point in NB.

Also. Just actually read smoldering blades. How damn useless is that enchant?
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Ilterendi View Post
    Could you explain why heat retention / weapon enhancement > murderous intent? I see and understand everything else just not the reason for that extra point in NB.

Also. Just actually read smoldering blades. How damn useless is that enchant?
    Because that point is less than a 1% dps increase. HR, should provide (ballpark estimate, I'm so sorry) closer to 1-2%

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Because that point is less than a 1% dps increase. HR, should provide (ballpark estimate, I'm so sorry) closer to 1-2%
    Then the choice is heat retention vs weapon enchantment?
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Ilterendi View Post
    Then the choice is heat retention vs weapon enchantment?
    15% on weapon enchantments is also a very, very small number in the scheme of things. If you've run an ACT parse breakdown, you'd see just how little.

Edit: As it turns out, I am, in fact, an idiot. HR should provide closer to a 3-4% dps increase.
    Last edited by Naronas; 06-14-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Telaran

Working out a high or the highest is not something that only you can do... and most of the builds are only a few points different. Suggesting someone plagiarized you just because you happen to have posted the build on your blog a few days earlier is ridiculus.

Not to mention I have seen this build being bounced around for ages, from both guildies and on the forums. Suggesting it is somehow "your build" is also ridiculus. Maybe you would like to cite your sources?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast