+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any theory crafters worked out a new spec/rotation for melee sab 1.3?

Default Any theory crafters worked out a new spec/rotation for melee sab 1.3?

I really enjoy the 1.2 melee sab atm. It offers everything in one package. Unmatched AoE, unmatched single target, incriminate, great DPS cooldown. Rather upset about the 1.3 fix but we all knew it was coming. I've tested the current build and rotation on alpha in full raid gear(same rotation) and I'm getting amazingly lackluster results. I'm curious if any theory crafters have attempted to rework the build so that it remains competetive(if that's possible) with 1.3.

Really dreading the idea of going BD/Sin/NB for raiding and the standard 44 sab, 20 sin, 2 rng build really isn't the greatest single target DPS. Gonne miss the jack of all trades build if we lose it.

I love the sab also, ranger if need be, would also be interested in any 1.3 information

Soulwalker

try
    5 spike charges (pre pull) > deadly > Spike charge > detonate
    5 shrapnel charges > detonate
    Puncture/bs > 4 spike charges > Deadly > spike Charge > Detonate

I haven't tested this myself, but kythic claims to get comparable dps with it on a thread at riftjunkies.

All you have to do is swap the order of Puncture and two spike charges. DPS will go down a bit since Puncture won't be DD-boosted any more but it can't be helped.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

+ Reply to Thread