+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motif Change

Shadowlander

Default Motif Change

Hey guys, this thread may be best down in PTS but I was wondering if the change to make Motif of Regeneration to be treated as a spell(to be silenceable) also allow it to proc trinkets/essences?

Can anyone on PTS verify this?

Yup, All healing trinkets/Greater Essences procs, every second there is chance that they proc during 30s Motif of Regeneration

it always has right?

Shadowlander

Negative. It previously has not had a chance to proc essences/trinkets.

Rift Chaser

This is very good news for us bards if it gets carried over to live servers.

Its good news, not the changes most bards were hoping for in 1.3, but hopefully when 1.4 changes are thought of and implemented onto Test they remember that our gear does not scale as well as it does for other classes in this game.

But ya, it means more chances to proc our trinkets and great essences.
    <Retired>

This is neat can't wait to try it.

Telaran

This probably sound ridiculous but assuming there are further changes to Bard ablities with all ablities treated like spells..

Would it be safe to say Bards will be rolling on cloth? Like Warriors roll on Leather Pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by iMohr View Post
    This probably sound ridiculous but assuming there are further changes to Bard ablities with all ablities treated like spells..

Would it be safe to say Bards will be rolling on cloth? Like Warriors roll on Leather Pun intended
    All other bard abilities expect Motif of Regen is already counted as a spell (and hence can be silenced)

Shadowlander

We dont seem to get that much scaling or help from spell power (granted I have not tested it so I ca't say for sure) so I doubt we'll be rolling on cloth.

From a few guildies it appears the crit rate of cadence/most of his "spells" are still in line with their physical crit rates.

Besides, who would want to build a 3rd set of gear (DPS, Tank, and spellpower..psh.). I think i may do some testing with my Enthalpy later today though! Random DD runs ftw.

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menoske View Post
    We dont seem to get that much scaling or help from spell power (granted I have not tested it so I ca't say for sure) so I doubt we'll be rolling on cloth.
    Spellpower has no effect on the Bard skills. This has been tested over and over again: NO means NO. It's really not worth your time unless you really want to run around in dungeons to make people laugh.

Even with Motif of Regen being changed to a spell, it was only to be affected by silence. Why they changed that? I have no clue. I guess spamming for 100 healing through the silence duration was too OP according to the Devs.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Meh, I am not too worried about this change at all. Bards are already pretty awesomesauce anyway. We can handle it!

God I hope this is intended. If thats the case I need to get me some healing greaters ASAP (ive been lazy and just been using my dps sigil)

If only Motif of Encouragement would get changed =(

Rift Chaser

I for one welcome our new laser lightshow overlords.
    Pakolu, The Squirrel.
    <Old Farts>, Wolvesbane (I refuse to spell it wrong.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast