+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Dusk to Dawn worth using in pvp?

Rift Disciple

Default Is Dusk to Dawn worth using in pvp?

All you NB verterans out there can probably answer this for me....

Champion of Telara

There are times where it is useful.

If you can catch someone not on DR with the root part, it can be helpful for peels/holding someone down to get ganged up on.

Keep in mind it does not trigger heat retention though, so is not as useful as it seems on paper.

I mostly just use it to peel mdps off healers/mages anyone who needs help really. I also use it if I'm rooted and being kited. That's about it.
    Last edited by Octavian2011; 06-14-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Ascendant

i used it on a shard-carrier 2 steps before he could get the green ball.

but i was on a team of idiots and watched a couple warriors stand behind the guy beating on him instead of stealing the ball...useless

but the move was useful for that situation. It's not really great for damage alone.

Telaran

More often than not, no.

If they are immune to roots, it does no damage, and just builds combo points. If they use Break Free or any ability that gets them out of a root, the damage stops. With this next patch, if you break LoS with channeled abilities, the damage will stop (maybe the whole ability stops).

If they would fix it to where it continued to do damage regardless of if they are immune to roots, it would become worthwhile again. Until then, its extremely situational.

Soulwalker

Try using it after deadly dance and it packs a huge 4 second punch.

Hrmm it's a ranged stun/root that does damage and adds combo points yes it's a situational spell that is worth having.

Did anyone tried the Deadly Dance+Dusk to Dawn Combo. it ticks for 1k at the dummy, could be nice in pvp but i didnt tested that.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    Did anyone tried the Deadly Dance+Dusk to Dawn Combo. it ticks for 1k at the dummy, could be nice in pvp but i didnt tested that.
    :O Thats pretty clever.
    I've jokingly tried it with Strafe, from the MM tree, for sh*ts and giggles and it actually does some decent damage on the Marksman ped. It crits for 1k+ and 7XX's on normal hits.

It would probably be more interesting with the Sniper Ped. Anywho's nice find!

Oh on topic:
    Dusk to Dawn is nice if you need quick combo points other than that. It turns on DR due to its rooting ability which you don't want and annoyingly Heat Retention doesn't proc from it, which im convinced is a bug; as it procs from Strafe - the two abilities are comparably the same (Ignoring one is melee the other is range / Ignoring one roots the target and one makes you immune for CC's )
    Last edited by iMohr; 06-15-2011 at 02:42 AM.

roots yellow bars chasing down mah healers.

Soulwalker

I posted this awhile back and pretty much got laughed at. It uses Deadly Dance -> Dusk To Dawn.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...highlight=Jish

Ascendant

most the time, this skill just roots yourself while dealing no damage

Rift Chaser

I have no idea if the addon api will allow it, but if an addon ever shows up that shows us diminishing returns on people in a bar format, then it'll be worth it. Otherwise, more often than not, you're shooting blind and with the way DR works in the game right now, chances are pretty good it does nothing but self root yourself.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jish View Post
    I posted this awhile back and pretty much got laughed at. It uses Deadly Dance -> Dusk To Dawn.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...highlight=Jish
    Because you put a defensive cooldown that reduces damage in your rotation? It was a dumb post and you deserved to be laughed at.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 06-15-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Because you put a defensive cooldown that reduces damage in your rotation? It was a dumb post and you deserved to be laughed at.
    Twilight Shelter reduces damage taken by 80% and reduces damage given by 40%. That's a fair trade off when you are fighting a R6 warrior who hits like a truck. I'm assuming you don't fight many R6 warriors or pvp much.

Even with Twilight Shelter, Deadly Dance->Dusk to Dawn hits like a truck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast