+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Looking for high mobility, high surviability, stealth melee build - PvP

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default Looking for high mobility, high surviability, stealth melee build - PvP

    What I have been toying around with so far is a super hybrid build that has nice balance but feels slightly bland...

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...o0oz.0ARfk0boz

    Looking for suggestions and tweeks. This is my melee dps build that I like to use in wfs, i get lots of stamina, damage mitigation and shields so being out of stealth isn't as painful as it could be. Sticking to a burn target is a breeze with 4 planar shifts and flash of steel, and damage is steady with decent crit chances, stalker form, deadly dance, and offensive cds.

    There are however talents that are slightly out of my reach in this build that look tasty like vivacity and dancing steel. Not that I want a build that has those talents but I would like to see other people's person tweeks on this rough outline of a build and see if anything inspires me to shake it up a bit.

    Thanks in advance for your replies comrads.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Mav986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    478

    Default

    I like to have my hotkey's in a sort of pattern.

    ie.

    I have all my spammable combat abilities on my main bar.
    I have all my commonly used cooldowns on my second bar, hotkeyed with shift 1-4.
    I have less commonly used abilities on my third bar, generally with their own specific hotkeys.



    Is there a way to hotkey the plane shifts together somehow, so I don't have to waste 4 slots and 4 keys, just to keep on one target?

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    Is there a way to hotkey the plane shifts together somehow, so I don't have to waste 4 slots and 4 keys, just to keep on one target?
    I have a macro that does

    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Warp

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Mav986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    I have a macro that does

    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Warp
    And this works as a "1 button plane shift"?

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    That is correct.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Consider thinking about nightblade.
    With 44 points, you have the highest survivability of all rogues by far (pvp speaking).
    You have stealth.
    You have mobility because of your ability to deal some damage at short distance.
    You still are melee.
    You have a healing debuff to cap it all.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I'm currently lvl40 and working towards this build which was posted quite some time ago (with minor differences).
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ARfzofodbR.V0o

    Not sure how it would fare at lvl50 but so far I love it. All about hit and run with dots and plenty of tricks to control the fight.

    Might change depending on how big an effect DR is at lvl50 - haven't noticed it too much in the lower bands but might be worth swapping a few things if 'immune' 'immune' etc
    Last edited by RoASted; 06-14-2011 at 06:27 AM.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default

    i would take the point out of cruel vengeance and put it in backstab. you'll probably never notice 2% more damage. and backstab is pretty nice burst even if it is on a cooldown. and with all the plane shifting to "behind the target" positioning won't be much of a problem for you.
    Guilt 50 Eth rogue
    Reverence 50 High Elf Cleric

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    I have a macro that does

    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Warp
    Thank you for this amazing macro!

    Quote Originally Posted by Badalos
    Consider thinking about nightblade.
    With 44 points, you have the highest survivability of all rogues by far (pvp speaking).
    You have stealth.
    You have mobility because of your ability to deal some damage at short distance.
    You still are melee.
    You have a healing debuff to cap it all.
    Yeah my main two specs are currently 44 nightblade 22 RS and 44 MM 22 sin. 9 seconds of basically being invulnerable as well as having 50% healing debuff and impressive semi-ranged burst is wicked fun as NB I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoASted
    I'm currently lvl40 and working towards this build which was posted quite some time ago (with minor differences).
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ARfzofodbR.V0o

    Not sure how it would fare at lvl50 but so far I love it. All about hit and run with dots and plenty of tricks to control the fight.

    Might change depending on how big an effect DR is at lvl50 - haven't noticed it too much in the lower bands but might be worth swapping a few things if 'immune' 'immune' etc
    Yeah that's another fun one with loads of crit chance but I'm not really partial to having a pet build, and I love the huge burst potential that the rhythmic cds provide for blade dancer along with deadly dance. Throwing flash of steel in there with RS warps and you have an un-peel-able focus train.

    Quote Originally Posted by ghilt
    i would take the point out of cruel vengeance and put it in backstab. you'll probably never notice 2% more damage. and backstab is pretty nice burst even if it is on a cooldown. and with all the plane shifting to "behind the target" positioning won't be much of a problem for you.
    Yeah I did originally go with BS in my build but I found it a little bit too grueling to mix it in with the blade dancer combos so I found myself rarely finding a time to mix it in. Might go back to it though because I do like the burst.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    I have a macro that does

    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk
    cast Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Warp
    I actually don't like to put all plane shift abilities in one macro.

    I prefer to keep the pure movement ones (Warp, Shift) in one, and another for the ones that port you to a target (Blitz, Assault, Stalk).

    This way, you have a little better control over which ones are used. Yes, I know the macro has the suppress failure part, but I still prefer knowing which one is going to happen.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malg View Post
    I actually don't like to put all plane shift abilities in one macro.

    I prefer to keep the pure movement ones (Warp, Shift) in one, and another for the ones that port you to a target (Blitz, Assault, Stalk).

    This way, you have a little better control over which ones are used. Yes, I know the macro has the suppress failure part, but I still prefer knowing which one is going to happen.
    Very true. If i had room on my keyboard for a few more keys I would do the same but i'm already shift hitting and stretching for many of my keys as it is lol.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Thought of a new one I may give a try to. Super mobility mode, assassin-tank.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...bR.E.Vcxchoboz

    Endurance out the bohaha, 15% speed while stealthed and not in combat, 30 second AP/5% crit buffs, raid buffs to help the team out. Decent damage output with Jagged/Impale combo and enough survivability to live long enough to enjoy the full ticking of the powerful dots this build can lay down.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts