+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Newish Rogue, cruddy animations?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default Newish Rogue, cruddy animations?

    Main is a nearly 50 Warrior - which I love - but on a low pop server so decided to try a rogue out on a high pop server.

    I've leveled mostly to 19 as ranged, but also have a couple melee spec's I've been trying out and have been wondering is it just me, or are the animations cruddy (dwarf)?

    I mean, the sounds are kinda blah and it just doesn't seem "fun". You might say I should just go ranged and ****, but I happen to enjoy melee most of the time.

    Do they get better? I remember thinking my warriors animations were lacking initially but I really enjoy him now.

    Oh, and another question: When macroin'g Keein strike and quick strike together there seems to be often times where I'll press the button and nothing happens. Normal issue ? My macro is basically:
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike
    Last edited by Slobber; 06-13-2011 at 05:43 PM.

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Rogues dont have animations, races do. If you made a rogue the same race as your warrior, he would have the same animations as your warrior (assuming warrior was dual wielding).

    For your macro issue, turn off ability queuing.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 06-13-2011 at 07:23 PM.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Rogues dont have animations, races do. If you made a rogue the same race as your warrior, he would have the same animations as your warrior (assuming warrior was dual wielding).

    For your macro issue, turn off ability queuing.
    Good point, yet I did specify dwarf.

    So are you saying this macro will sometimes work and sometimes do nothing?

  4. #4
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobber View Post

    Oh, and another question: When macroin'g Keein strike and quick strike together there seems to be often times where I'll press the button and nothing happens. Normal issue ? My macro is basically:
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike
    Make this macro:
    #show Quick Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

    Put your abilitiy queue on short.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Make this macro:
    #show Quick Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

    Put your abilitiy queue on short.
    That is the exact macro I'm using...and what do you mean by "Put your abilitiy queue on short"?

  6. #6
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobber View Post
    That is the exact macro I'm using...and what do you mean by "Put your abilitiy queue on short"?
    There is an option.
    Esc, setting, interface, misc (maybe), dont know the rest.
    Either way there should be 3/4 tabs or whatever on the right side. You will see them.
    One will say ability queu or something.
    Basically if you put it on short and keep spamming your macro it will fire off instantly.
    If you put it on no queue it will fire off based on your latency.
    If you put it on full it will fire off as soon as you are off GCD.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts