+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 50 Solo/Grind Build?

Telaran

Default Level 50 Solo/Grind Build?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cxcbq0zM.V0x0h

Using the above for soloing/grinding at 50. Was looking to see if there's any alternatives. I know there's a lot of threads about raiding and PvP at 50, but what about for the solo game? Any thoughts/ideas?

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0z.e0dA0cMRMbz

Best grind build I've seen, and the one I use personally.
    Last edited by Caelan; 06-13-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Plane Touched

This spec is amazing for Dailies/grinding/rifting/elites/invasions/etc at 50.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ftododbR.xMdzz

You have most of the assassin goodies--you can move around points but I felt that 40 for Hidden Veil was worth shooting for. You can actually get away with a bit less and move points into another tree if you aren't worried about AoE breaking your stealth. I'm on a PvP server, so it's big for me.

You get 2 shifts and rift scavenger in the riftstalker tree. You also get Rift Guard for those times you want to kill something really nasty.

With this spec, you are also deep enough into Bladedancer to pick up Compound attack and Twin Strike. These two attacks, coupled with Rift Disturabance (Riftstalker) makes for an aoe juggernaut. With smart Combo Point usage for rift scavenger, you can literally fight forever in an aoe situation.

You also gain a ranged interrupt/silence.

You get Slip Away.

You get Foul Play.

You can pick up a Blind if you want.

You get Sidesteps.

Etc. Etc.

Make sure to macro Reprisal to your base attacks. It makes for huge damage.

Give it a shot. It's amazing.

i literally get two full stacks of spellspun (that is 100x spellspun silk) in 10 minutes in crown hill with the following spec. it's the same concept as caelan's, but imo this one is far better optimized for aoe grinding--32 points in BD is excessive, given that dancing steel is on a 2 minute CD and barely nets more damage than everything else, and that double coup doesn't even help in an aoe situation. his is perhaps nicer for single-target, but who grinds ST? (not trying to hate on you caelan, just sayin')

you basically want some combination of riftstalker (durability and more importantly, rift scavenger) and bladedancer (aoe that gets you combo points for rift scavenger) with a soul to add to your dps. i use bd/rs/sin and it works wonders--i clear out the mobs in crown hill as fast as they spawn, and i can take on as many mobs as i can pull there (10+) without coming close to dying--if i ever get in any danger, i pop sidesteps

aoe macro:
    cast reprisal
    cast rift disturbance
    cast twin strike

single target macro:
    cast reprisal
    cast precision strike
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike

distance-closing macro:
    cast shadow blitz
    cast shadow assault
    cast shadow stalk
    cast flash of steel

finishers:
    get dauntless strike buff up
    get false blade up
    after that, i normally don't use them. let the spare CPs go to rift scavenger and combat culmination when you kill mobs.
    else, compound strike does decent damage (when you're full on health and don't need the regen).

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vh0MRMb.VG0Ibs

basically just use distance closing macro then spam aoe macro till everything is dead. use some cps every once in a while for dauntless strike and false blade, else let them sit so you can scavenge. awesome thing about scavenger is killing weak mobs nets you tons of hp, and you generate SO MANY CPs when you're constantly dodging with contra tempo. and your dodge/parry is very high with false blade going and the dex boost in bladedancer. combat culmination is amazing (free +% to like everything and a MASSIVE amount of energy when you kill mobs with 5cps on them--which you will be doing often to abuse rift scavenger). i never run out of hp or energy, just kill kill kill
    again, deadly strike is unnecessary, so you can move the 8 points that are normally in a BD's blade finesse and deadly dance elsewhere, highly strengthening this build. 4 distance closers on 15-40 second cooldowns let you almost always have one up.

i love this spec.
    Last edited by Reamerer; 06-13-2011 at 06:50 PM.

now with proof of concept video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHYkHXbZSfc

if anyone thinks they can solo-aoe melt mobs faster as a rogue feel free to show ;)
    Last edited by Reamerer; 06-13-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Soulwalker

Now how would the Greater Razorback handle that many mobs in a full Ranger build?

Transfer threat, Mend, Rain of arrows...

I'm 35,, curious how the tank pets scale up.

+ Reply to Thread