+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LF Melee Single Target Spec for starting T2s

Rift Disciple Altus VonGrossenkiir's Avatar

Default LF Melee Single Target Spec for starting T2s

Hi I leveled as an assassination rogue but told it was garbage at 50 so i went sab for aoe dps and doing really good with that but horrible when it comes to boss fights and hoping to find something that will let me do a boss fight with doing a decent amount of damage as melee since i've never been good with ranged (has issues with pets being idiots running around and aggroing more stuff >.< stupid pets). So if there is anything out there that can help please reply if there is an assassination build that works at 50 that would make my whole week. Ty for your time to read this and ty for your help and assistance.

Rift Disciple

Sab is amazing for boss fights, it is one of our highest single target dps specs(44/20 Sin/2 Ranger). Also most boss fights it would be preferable that you were ranged tbh, so just stick with the sab spec.

If you really want a melee spec, this one is simple and works well http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...r-no-cooldowns

Plane Touched

For majority of pve content t2/raid I use 26sab/21asn/19bd. Don't mind anyone calling it an exploit because it isn't. It is however the rogues most versatile spec for max ae dmg and near max single target. Check out the guide at RiftJunkies.com

44 Sab build is best, not sure why you're looking for something else you weren't very clear.. but you won't find something better.

I would be interested in a good melee spec as well, one without a pet and no sab. Frankly, I just don't like Sab so if anyone has a good build it would be greatly appreciated!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Diay View Post
    44 Sab build is best, not sure why you're looking for something else you weren't very clear.. but you won't find something better.
    44 Sab is the easiest and best AoE except for the melee Sab.

There are a lot of builds that will beat it single-target damage provided (A) you can stay in melee range, (B) you can stand still and not move, or (C) you don't mind using a pet. If you can't do one or more of those things, you're better off as 44 Sab.

If you want melee look at Sab/Sin/BD or BD/Sin/NB. If you want melee and a pet, look at Sin/Ranger/NB. If you want to stand still and use a pet, look at Ranger/MM/Sin. All four of those combos should beat a 44 Sab in single target, but they're all a little trickier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Silatt View Post
    44 Sab is the easiest and best AoE except for the melee Sab.

There are a lot of builds that will beat it single-target damage provided (A) you can stay in melee range, (B) you can stand still and not move, or (C) you don't mind using a pet. If you can't do one or more of those things, you're better off as 44 Sab.

If you want melee look at Sab/Sin/BD or BD/Sin/NB. If you want melee and a pet, look at Sin/Ranger/NB. If you want to stand still and use a pet, look at Ranger/MM/Sin. All four of those combos should beat a 44 Sab in single target, but they're all a little trickier to use.
    Right, thank you for posting all those reasons that agree with my assessment.

"X build is #1 IF" is not a spec you want to run T2s with, and you will spend the vast majority of your time AoEing trash, not doing single-target.
    Last edited by Diay; 06-14-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nimyue View Post
    I would be interested in a good melee spec as well, one without a pet and no sab. Frankly, I just don't like Sab so if anyone has a good build it would be greatly appreciated!
    This is probably the best non-Sab, non-Pet melee build:

[1.2] Raid DPS & Generic Rogue Guide

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Diay View Post
    Right, thank you for posting all those reasons that agree with my assessment.

"X build is #1 IF" is not a spec you want to run T2s with, and you will spend the vast majority of your time AoEing trash, not doing single-target.
    Definitely agree with this and as DPS, I play primarily as 44 Sab too. We do have 5 roles though, and if you can spare the room, I don't think it's a bad idea to include one other single-target DPS spec for when it is applicable and/or helpful. Whenever I start PvP-ing more, I may not be able to keep the 2nd DPS slot, but for now, I think it's worthwhile and there are several builds to consider.

+ Reply to Thread