+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decent Build for leveling that can solo elites?

Telaran

Default Decent Build for leveling that can solo elites?

Namely, I am looking for something that can get to the 5-6 stage of a minor rift (where the elites spawn) and be able to solo one. I guess I am spoiled from playing a warrior and cleric, where they could quite easily solo the elite rift mobs (albeit only 1 at a time) WHILE LEVELING. So here are my parameters....

1) Looking for something that is hardy enough to kill elites 2-3 levels lower than me at lvl 45, with your average leveling gear (couple of blues, mostly greens).
    2) NOT looking for something that really shines when you have full T2 equipment, as I don't have that yet (no offense).

What I have tried: Heavy bard/riftstalker build.... it still seems to take too much damage from an elite without putting out enough dps, BUT maybe I am doing it wrong.

Bladedancer/rifstalker: Excellent at AOEing all the stages in a rift up to the elites, but then just doesn't last against the elites.

I tried ranger back in the 30s, but the elites would always kill my pet so fast I couldnt keep it healed up... but again maybe I was doing it wrong.

Thanks for the help, sorry for the long read!

Soulwalker

I went heavy marksman, and started at max range. Pick up ranger as a secondary soul for snare and more dmg.

Crippling shot, barbed arrow, Pop improved hit n run, empowering x 3 then bullseye and deadeye, then the knockback ability in marksman tree when needed. Keep hitting with improved hit n run rotatin until you need to refresh it, keep snare up, and use retreating slash between cooldown on the knockback.

Elites die pretty fast, solo'd some rifts that way np. Just have to be aware.

There might be a slower b uild involving bard/bd/rs but never tried it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

If you level as BD/rift (and you should) you can clear stage 4 of any rift easily and you can beat a lot of rift stage 5s by popping CDs and making smart use of the rift crystals.

The BD/Rift build at level 17, level 27, level 37, level 45.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 06-13-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    If you level as BD/rift (and you should) you can clear stage 4 of any rift easily and you can beat a lot of rift stage 5s by popping CDs and making smart use of the rift crystals.

The BD/Rift build at level 17, level 27, level 37, level 45.
    Thanks both of you.... I will try the marksman build, it SEEMS to me like it would be really squishy especially against elites (in rifts, ALOT of the elites can do pretty heavy ranged damage too), BUT I will keep an open mind and try it out, thanks!!!

The BD/Rift spec is what I am using now, and like you said it works like a hot knife through butter on regular mobs and I have no problems getting through the first 4 stages of any rift.

On the elites, however, the BD/rift just can't put out the DPS before I die, but I will try it again and maybe make sure all my buffs are off cooldown first.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by sholagar19 View Post
    Thanks both of you.... I will try the marksman build, it SEEMS to me like it would be really squishy especially against elites (in rifts, ALOT of the elites can do pretty heavy ranged damage too), BUT I will keep an open mind and try it out, thanks!!!

The BD/Rift spec is what I am using now, and like you said it works like a hot knife through butter on regular mobs and I have no problems getting through the first 4 stages of any rift.

On the elites, however, the BD/rift just can't put out the DPS before I die, but I will try it again and maybe make sure all my buffs are off cooldown first.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...McE.Ec0Vi0okVz

prepull > blast charge x4 > coda of cowardice > blast charge > detonate

verse of captivation > blast charge x 5 > detonate
    repeat

this will allow you to kill any open world elite including p5 rift bosses. keep Verse of Captivation up and you never get hit. Blast charge has no dot component so verse only breaks once when you detonate. Just keep some distance.
    Last edited by kyth; 06-13-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kyth View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...McE.Ec0Vi0okVz

prepull > blast charge x4 > coda of cowardice > blast charge > detonate

verse of captivation > blast charge x 5 > detonate
    repeat

this will allow you to kill any open world elite including p5 rift bosses. keep Verse of Captivation up and you never get hit. Blast charge has no dot component so verse only breaks once when you detonate. Just keep some distance.
    Ahh that sounds pretty cool too!!! Yeah I tried soloing an elite with a bard/rift spec... and verse of Captivation was great for giving me a breather to heal up a bit, I actually got the elite down farther with that build than with a BD/rift build, but the bard/rift just lacked dps. I will try this one too, thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread