+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue T3/T4 BIS Riftstalker Gear Guide - Total Avoidance

Telaran

Default Rogue T3/T4 BIS Riftstalker Gear Guide - Total Avoidance

*Copied over from my guild forums*

Hello all,

I took the time to develop my own sheet to measure Riftstalker tanking gear. The difference with the existing sheet is that Isomalt is adding up Dodge and Parry on items to arrive at a total avoidance metric, rather than breaking out the actual Dodge/Parry % based on game mechanics and using those to determine the actual avoidance a piece of gear gives. (Not saying there is anything wrong with that, I just wanted a different view of the data).

Here is the list:

http://cid-b900b485e29367d5.office.l...e%20T3-T4.xlsx

A few things to note:

1. The overall calculations and rankings are very similar to Isomalt's with a few exceptions. I kept the format the same (sans using Google).

2. Endurance is not factored into a piece of gear for ranking. I did add a metric of Avoidance + Endurance for people to use as a gauge if they wanted to think about Endurance as well as a secondary weight. If you are looking for a straight endurance skew to your gear just locate the piece with the best Avoidance + Endurance value and you should be set.

3. The rankings also ignore all hit rating on a given item, so be sure to make wise decisions when it comes to hit caps for raids and adjust which piece you wear to ensure you have the best gear available and still maintain proper caps (good example of this is the Werewolf Fur Helm vs Greenscale Skin Helm).

4. Most of the gear in here is obtained via Raids, with the exception of a few fantastic Expert drops. If you are looking to prepare for raids as a Riftstalker - get the Expert level pieces on this sheet and as much T2 Vendor gear as you can. Thats a safe bet to get rolling.

I would appreciate any feedback on this and I am always available for questions. This has been updated to include all of the Hammerknell T4 Gear that has been released and does not have block on it.

Thanks,
    Angry

Soulwalker

Default nice, thanks

This is handy as can be, thanks for taking the time to put it up.

Here's to hoping the devs read your other post and make a few tweaks.

Telaran

Thanks. Yeah, it would be nice to see some actual changes vs just bug fixes.

Rift Disciple

the thing a lot of rogue tanks don't understand is that in raids dodge and parry arent worth stacking or going for over endurance. The things you most likely die to are unavoidable things (I.E greenscales breath, Herald of gaurath Breath Strangling vines poisons, plutonus shocking cypher and shatter artifact. Yeah you will dodge a cleave every once and a while, but when you have 14-15k health you can easily eat breaths and cleaves no problem.

Show me a tank that says, wow we wiped he cleaved me. If you do ill show you 4 tanks that said wow we wiped he breathed on me. not to mention stacking endurance over all stats gives you a better rift guard

Telaran

All tanking gear has more than enough endurance and you dont need to go out of your way to stack it. This isnt WoW and Endurance isnt everything. When you already have more than enough hp to absorb any mechanic that isnt designed to 1- shot and still have plenty of HP to spare then its entirely pointless to stack beyond that. You can get 11k hp selfbuffed easily without stacking endurance. In the "oh crap moments" you still have your cooldowns if your healers are taking a nap.

Rift Disciple

last time i checked top end rogue tanks only have 2 CD's on 2 minute CD's

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by whokilledken View Post
    last time i checked top end rogue tanks only have 2 CD's on 2 minute CD's
    Side Steps, Planar refuge, Scatter the shadows. Im not going to consider defer death since its uses are extremely limited. Besides that wassnt even the main point of my arguement. The point is you already have plenty of health to survive boss mechanics and its more beneficial to stack avoidance than health that is redundant and never needed.

Plane Touched

Great list. I don't like to update my list until the gear goes live, as it has often changed quite a bit in the past.

As far as gearing, I focus primarily on dodge as parry is such a worthless stat.

Also, you can't avoid cleaves. You can only avoid auto attacks and debuff strikes (warmasters' infecting strike etc), which is very important.

In HK, bosses will be hitting much harder, so avoidance will be very important.

Telaran

Parry is more of a secondary stat for Rogues. I wouldn't call it worthless, I would just say folks need to do the right calculations to determine the actual complete avoidance one piece gives over another. That is the intent of this sheet.

You certainly cannot dodge or parry cleaves, however you can position yourself correctly and not ever get hit by them.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Angryexwife View Post
    Parry is more of a secondary stat for Rogues. I wouldn't call it worthless, I would just say folks need to do the right calculations to determine the actual complete avoidance one piece gives over another. That is the intent of this sheet.

You certainly cannot dodge or parry cleaves, however you can position yourself correctly and not ever get hit by them.
    Parry needs to be almost double the gained dodge for it to be worth it.

Telaran

I think ignoring endurance completely seems a bit silly. Why do you guys feel that its not worth factoring in?

Some of these items have a very slight higher avoidance at a large cost of all other stats, is it really worth it?

Also how is parry not worth while? Its the same stat isn't it? Just requires more to provide the same avoidance.

Just off memory it was about 42 dodge = 1% and 62 parry = %1 - So its not useless at all - it just needs to be factored in as exactly that. You need more parry to get the same about of avoidance as dodge.

Telaran

Also as stated a lot of fight mechanics cant be avoid anyway.

+ Reply to Thread