+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for Lingering Flame.

Default Suggestion for Lingering Flame.

Allow Lingering Flame to work on all Melee Finishers, allowing more hybrid/synergy.

since 1.2 Nightblade main was left in the dust in terms of pve.

43 nb/17sin/6ranger was my favorite pve build, now it sucks the **** of karma compared to any BD hybrid.

While your suggestion would add more synergy to Nightblade, it won't help it as a primary spec whatsoever. BD hybrids make the most out of Deadly Dance, so the focus is almost entirely on using BD's Deadly Strike as a finisher. It's not even necessary as a primary class because it only takes a minimum of 13 points to do that. Your suggestion will actually be more beneficial to those who don't use Nightlbade as a primary by opening it up to be used as a sub-secondary even more by other souls used as a primary. So while you might have the best intentions, you're actually doing the opposite of what you're trying to set out for.
    Last edited by Lokanu; 06-12-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Rules to Live by<insert ceiling cat here>
    Moar werld content plx!

It's not just in PvE, In PvP assassin is the better choice, living flame could use some adjustment and maybe making fellbaldes on par with lingering wounds.

NB is still hugely popular in PvP, Fell Blades and reliable dmg with extreme survivability. To say Sin is outright better then NB is incorrect. You'd be better off putting them on par with each other because they both bring kills to the table just the same. Check out some PvP videos of Nightblades and you'll see that the good NB's typically get the kill and survive the majority of the time. As a Sin you don't come close to the survivability unless you're using Slip Away to run away, or possibly using Cleanse Soul well, from the Inf tree, against casters. (The latter is still available to NB's)
    Last edited by Lokanu; 06-12-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    Rules to Live by<insert ceiling cat here>
    Moar werld content plx!

Champion

PvP videos are largely highlight reels that may not be telling the whole story behind a spec. Take what you can from them with a grain of salt.

Telaran

Personally I've never done more damage with any spec in rogue as I have with 18asn/33nb/15inf (granted I haven't tried MM because I can't stand range, its just not my playstyle); I used to run 44NB/22asn for the cooldowns and improved stealth/foul play, but the loss in damage was too great. I've tried 33BD/18asn/15inf and although that's almost as good, having no ranged is huge limiting factor. 51asn comes close, but it definitely isn't as good. 51NB doesn't even come close whatsoever.

That's from personal experience and I've been PVPing quite a while. It could be that my playstyle just doesn't match with that of a 51asn, but theoretically it should outDPS a 51 assassin due to the nonphysical damage. Also 90% of healers are dead when I stack Fel Blades + Anathema. Try it out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by Kaaji1359; 06-12-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Allow Lingering Flame to work on all Melee Finishers, allowing more hybrid/synergy.

since 1.2 Nightblade main was left in the dust in terms of pve.

43 nb/17sin/6ranger was my favorite pve build, now it sucks the **** of karma compared to any BD hybrid.
    Its kind of overdoing it isnt it? I think what you really mean is allow lingering flame to work with deadly strike. Bad idea regardless of what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Its kind of overdoing it isnt it? I think what you really mean is allow lingering flame to work with deadly strike. Bad idea regardless of what you meant.
    Honestly how "over-done" will it be?

take the 27bd/20nb/19sin build for example.

All it essentially will do is save one GCD.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lokanu View Post
    Your suggestion will actually be more beneficial to those who don't use Nightlbade as a primary by opening it up to be used as a sub-secondary even more by other souls used as a primary. So while you might have the best intentions, you're actually doing the opposite of what you're trying to set out for.
    This is the problem with your suggestion. Lingering Flame is already a nice skill that gives some incentive to use NB finishers. Letting it work with all melee finishers just gives more reason to use Deadly Strike. If you want to buff LF at all, just let it work with SoD, which would be a minor change.

I think the best thing to do to buff NB would be to focus on the skills that improve non-physical damage: Unstable State and Heat Retention. I think Heat Retention especially needs a buff for how high up in the tree it is.

What I'd like to see:

Unstable State changed from +3% per point to at least +6%. The only souls this benefits are NB and Bard, which could also use some help.

Heat Retention modified to only require a stack of 4. This means you could use if on every finisher as long as you manage your skills and only use one 2-point combo builder per rotation. Also, raise the buff to non-physical damage from +2% per stack (5 stacks - 10% max) to +5% per stack (4 stacks - 20% max). Include the stacks of HR with the finisher buff. That way physical finishers get +30%, non-physical gets +50%. This could go a long way to making NB competitive.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Silatt View Post
    This is the problem with your suggestion. Lingering Flame is already a nice skill that gives some incentive to use NB finishers. Letting it work with all melee finishers just gives more reason to use Deadly Strike. If you want to buff LF at all, just let it work with SoD, which would be a minor change.

I think the best thing to do to buff NB would be to focus on the skills that improve non-physical damage: Unstable State and Heat Retention. I think Heat Retention especially needs a buff for how high up in the tree it is.

What I'd like to see:

Unstable State changed from +3% per point to at least +6%. The only souls this benefits are NB and Bard, which could also use some help.

Heat Retention modified to only require a stack of 4. This means you could use if on every finisher as long as you manage your skills and only use one 2-point combo builder per rotation. Also, raise the buff to non-physical damage from +2% per stack (5 stacks - 10% max) to +5% per stack (4 stacks - 20% max). Include the stacks of HR with the finisher buff. That way physical finishers get +30%, non-physical gets +50%. This could go a long way to making NB competitive.
    I couldn't agree more with these suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread