+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some 1.3 parses to ponder

Default Some 1.3 parses to ponder

So I took my 27bd/20nb/19sin spec with standard rotation to the test server using the new relic t2 raid gear to see how it did. completely unbuffed i was around 1400dps which was only 170ish higher than the t1 relic gear, but this build is very energy starved so i loaded up a bard on my other acct and sat next to him with fervor and fanfare of power and got http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...so/oldspec.jpg

as you can see, the fiery spike #s are similar regardless of buffs and apparently even gear. noticing my max hit being not much higher than on live or using even the t1 raid gear im thinking with better gear builds using fiery spike will not be #1 dps so i thought what could i do to be a BD and NOT use fiery spike and still do good dps. this lead me to look at warriors and how they all have 24 in bm for the pet for max dps and said, 'hey we can do that too!' so i came up with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...A0s0o.yhcf00oc

incase anyone wants to test this my macro is:
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    petcast Maul
    petcast Bite
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Quick Shot
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast Reprisal
    cast Blade Tempo

then simply spam deadly strike every 5 cps, due to energy i never clipped a puncture or precision to go over 5 cp so 1 macro seemed to be sufficient. i did one test with poison malice at the end, and another without. poison malice is good... but it is BAD if you dont use it during verse of joy, so i took it out of my macro and figured it is best used at the very start and every time joy is used.

parse #1 with poison malice http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...isonmalice.jpg

parse #2 without poison malice http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...isonmalice.jpg

as you can see, these parses are very close to the 27bd spec with stupid hard rotation lol. others were hitting the dummy and it is pretty clear all parses were effected by the 5% crit debuff that ppl put on targets so that gave an edge to the BD build above which did not have that buff vs the one below that had it running. and melee ranger without fiery spike was a good 100dps behind so it is not worth doing without fiery spike... basically deadly dance is the winner here. deadly dance is to rogues as SLI is (was?) to warriors.

char stats are 908AP 1416crit with the ranger build having 46 extra AP from the predator instincts both using 49.4 dps daggers. the T2 raid vendor can be found outside of DD (in case you are wandering and ppl on PTS are being stubborn)

verdict: i came up with this silly pet build in 5min and have no delusions about it being top dps, really want some more testers to come up with some other builds that might be better as i feel fiery spike will not be in our top dps build once we start getting full relic gear (due to it not scaling at all with AP). also i did not use head shot, im sure it would raise dps more since the buff lasts a full minute... but im just too damn lazy to try it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Walker

Weeping edge is actually best in slot for offhand. Can't beat that 46 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Weeping edge is actually best in slot for offhand. Can't beat that 46 dps.
    was a 12dps loss for quick strike and precision strike so i just took it out since those are such a large part of the dps. weeping edge wont scale so i figure at the top end it wont be best.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    was a 12dps loss for quick strike and precision strike so i just took it out since those are such a large part of the dps. weeping edge wont scale so i figure at the top end it wont be best.
    Should still come out on top since the procs on soliton blade don't stack.

Did you try using the raptor? From what I recall greater wolf parses under raptor in melee ranger builds.

Rift Disciple

If you read the build it's not deep enough into Ranger to pick up the raptor.
    <Everlasting Vendetta> -- Greybriar-PvE
    Noxus - Mathosian Warrior - 2/4 FT, 4/4 ToSQ, 2/5 EE

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Thoon View Post
    If you read the build it's not deep enough into Ranger to pick up the raptor.
    Obviously..

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Should still come out on top since the procs on soliton blade don't stack.

Did you try using the raptor? From what I recall greater wolf parses under raptor in melee ranger builds.
    no way to pick up raptor and still get backstab and combat efficiency, imo wolf is fine. im sure there will be new dps builds come 1.3, this was just attempt #1 at a new build. also all my builds are lazy 1 button builds, so this same build will do more if you use everything properly lol.

From what I see of your parse, the pet isn't scaling well either. I think the wolf does about 90 dps.

I think ranger is barking up the wrong tree, and scales worse then fiery spike - I have also tried combinations of melee ranger with the wolf, it has very low hps and dies a lot more often then the raptor.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-12-2011 at 01:38 PM.

With Hit being so important for most of the geared raiders come 1.3, you might want to take points from Reprisal and Strike Back and out them in the hit rating talent. Could save a few runes from being replaced.
    http://Sunrest-Exiled.com
    Conqueror: Greenscale's Blight | Conqueror: River of Souls | Gilded Prophecy: 4/4 | Hammerknell Fortress: 4/11 | Drowned Halls: 4/4 | Prestige: 6/8

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    From what I see of your parse, the pet isn't scaling well either. I think the wolf does about 90 dps.

I think ranger is barking up the wrong tree, and scales worse then fiery spike - I have also tried combinations of melee ranger with the wolf, it has very low hps and dies a lot more often then the raptor.
    wolf was 143dps that parse, didnt take that picture but that is waht it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    So I took my 27bd/20nb/19sin spec with standard rotation to the test server using the new relic t2 raid gear to see how it did. completely unbuffed i was around 1400dps which was only 170ish higher than the t1 relic gear, but this build is very energy starved so i loaded up a bard on my other acct and sat next to him with fervor and fanfare of power and got http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...so/oldspec.jpg

as you can see, the fiery spike #s are similar regardless of buffs and apparently even gear. noticing my max hit being not much higher than on live or using even the t1 raid gear im thinking with better gear builds using fiery spike will not be #1 dps so i thought what could i do to be a BD and NOT use fiery spike and still do good dps. this lead me to look at warriors and how they all have 24 in bm for the pet for max dps and said, 'hey we can do that too!' so i came up with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...A0s0o.yhcf00oc

incase anyone wants to test this my macro is:
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    petcast Maul
    petcast Bite
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Quick Shot
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast Reprisal
    cast Blade Tempo

then simply spam deadly strike every 5 cps, due to energy i never clipped a puncture or precision to go over 5 cp so 1 macro seemed to be sufficient. i did one test with poison malice at the end, and another without. poison malice is good... but it is BAD if you dont use it during verse of joy, so i took it out of my macro and figured it is best used at the very start and every time joy is used.

parse #1 with poison malice http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...isonmalice.jpg

parse #2 without poison malice http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...isonmalice.jpg

as you can see, these parses are very close to the 27bd spec with stupid hard rotation lol. others were hitting the dummy and it is pretty clear all parses were effected by the 5% crit debuff that ppl put on targets so that gave an edge to the BD build above which did not have that buff vs the one below that had it running. and melee ranger without fiery spike was a good 100dps behind so it is not worth doing without fiery spike... basically deadly dance is the winner here. deadly dance is to rogues as SLI is (was?) to warriors.

char stats are 908AP 1416crit with the ranger build having 46 extra AP from the predator instincts both using 49.4 dps daggers. the T2 raid vendor can be found outside of DD (in case you are wandering and ppl on PTS are being stubborn)

verdict: i came up with this silly pet build in 5min and have no delusions about it being top dps, really want some more testers to come up with some other builds that might be better as i feel fiery spike will not be in our top dps build once we start getting full relic gear (due to it not scaling at all with AP). also i did not use head shot, im sure it would raise dps more since the buff lasts a full minute... but im just too damn lazy to try it.
    what is the correct rotation w/ fiery spike in the 27/20/19
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Tnanever View Post
    With Hit being so important for most of the geared raiders come 1.3, you might want to take points from Reprisal and Strike Back and out them in the hit rating talent. Could save a few runes from being replaced.
    until i get exalted ill be using the 5AP 18hit for helm and legs and will continue to have no problems reaching hit cap. i can already easily hit 320hit with the current gear i have.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by lameboi View Post
    what is the correct rotation w/ fiery spike in the 27/20/19
    Malady > dusk > keen > deadly

puncture > fiery > backstab > keen > deadly

precision > dusk > fiery > deadly

Use blade tempo after first deadly.
    Use ebon fury after blade tempo is down

Ebon fury rotation:

Keep fiery up, spam dusks and backstab when up. Finish with deadly.

1500 dps in full T2 raid buffed.

thank you.
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAki View Post
    Malady > dusk > keen > deadly

puncture > fiery > backstab > keen > deadly

precision > dusk > fiery > deadly

Use blade tempo after first deadly.
    Use ebon fury after blade tempo is down

Ebon fury rotation:

Keep fiery up, spam dusks and backstab when up. Finish with deadly.

1500 dps in full T2 raid buffed.
    And what is your logic behind not using Puncture during Ebon Fury?

+ Reply to Thread