+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help on a build..

Soulwalker

Default Help on a build..

been messing around in the calculator trying to find a Sab build and i'd like some comments...
    It's aRanged Sab with MM and Ranger souls just wondering howviable it is in PVE and wether it would be fun to play thisway.. really any thoughts and comments are appreciated

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EVMfVb0k0R.iG

Plane Walker

It's not at all viable. In this game you need to pick skills that compliment eachother form other trees instead of just giving yourself a bunch of skills. In other words you want fewer skills and more passives that make those skills stronger. Scrap that build and use a common one until you have a better understanding of how to build your own one.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    It's not at all viable. In this game you need to pick skills that compliment eachother form other trees instead of just giving yourself a bunch of skills. In other words you want fewer skills and more passives that make those skills stronger. Scrap that build and use a common one until you have a better understanding of how to build your own one.
    Okaythan in this instance with this soul combination would you care to tell me what i could perhaps swap out or change in order to make it better?

I've never really been one for "common" builds

Plane Walker

There is no place where you can just switch a couple points to make that build work. Just scrap it.

Soulwalker

Yeah okay fine suggestion for a different soul then?

Melee Sab/BD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Soulwalker

Yeh but that's just it i'd prefer to go ranged the only wayit has to be viable is for normal PvE not Raiding not PvP just normal runnin' round the world havin fun doin' quests but still being able to pack a whallop ranged

If you're looking for a ranged sabo build, the most cookie-cutter one people use is 44 Sabo/20 Sin/2 Ranger. The 2 points in ranger causes your charges and detonate to take the weapon damage from your ranged weapon instead of your melee weapon, and the 20 points in Sin increase you crit chance and base damage/crit damage. It's a great spec for staying ranged and still pulling good dps. The melee sabo spec with the broken BD talents pulls more dps, but i hate melee as a rogue unless I'm full up Sin. Here's the build;

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EVMcEbxkoRz.M

Soulwalker

Aaaah some more constructive criticism ^^ much appreciated... happen to know of any such builds using marksman in stead of ranger? or does that have no effect on wether you're using rifles or bows?

The reason to use ranger instead of one of the other souls id that the root talents increase your crit chance, so the 2 points are better spent there than somewhere else. Other than that, no difference. =)

+ Reply to Thread