+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Infiltrator PVP

  1. #1
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Infiltrator PVP

    So I'm using this for PVP and it's incredibly fun. More fun than my full P6 geared Pyro. Basically my question is will it still be good at 50?

    Here is where I am at the moment.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...o..EbzhzsRohdz

    4 more points into Riftstalker to pick up the goodies on the 5th tier, then 10 into Infil for Cleanse Soul

  2. #2
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Without looking at the build, no it won't be good. Rift stalker is a bad sub soul for pvp.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Misterjingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Sadly, your damage will be too low and even specced in RS, you'll also go down incredibly fast. I have a RS/SIN/BD build which is fun, but I've shelved it until I can get all the P6 gear. It's great for solo PvE play though - I can solo level 50 rifts with it.
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 06-12-2011 at 08:11 AM.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

  4. #4
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Without looking at the build, no it won't be good. Rift stalker is a bad sub soul for pvp.
    Why's RS bad? I figured +15% Dmg, +15% Crit, and +15% Absorb shield would be pretty good, plus the insane mobility. Obviously like any MDPS in pvp, noobs don't apply.

    Surely it can't do any worse than the hordes of wanna-be-assassins I blow up daily.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 06-12-2011 at 08:44 AM.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Why's RS bad? I figured +15% Dmg, +15% Crit, and +15% Absorb shield would be pretty good, plus the insane mobility. Obviously like any MDPS in pvp, noobs don't apply.

    Surely it can't do any worse than the hordes of wanna-be-assassins I blow up daily.
    Builds don't matter in the sub-50 brackets because the large majority of people there aren't very good.

    Rs is bad because you get much better bonuses elsewhere. I would only use RS up to 8 points for the AP, endurance buff, teleport, and damage reduction.

  6. #6
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Basically this comes from the other side of the coin. Killing 'Assassins' who open up on me from Stealth is ridiculously easy, they are kited to death without breaking a sweat. If you wanted to kill a mage in melee, this seems unshakable and the way to go.

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Builds don't matter in the sub-50 brackets because the large majority of people there aren't very good.

    Rs is bad because you get much better bonuses elsewhere. I would only use RS up to 8 points for the AP, endurance buff, teleport, and damage reduction.
    Like where? I can spend 10 points in Nightblade for 15% to everything which is exactly the same, worse actually. 8 points seems like a waste of a tree at 50.

    And of course you're crazy not to have at least 10 in Infiltrator, limiting you to 2 trees to spread your points in to play at daggers in pvp.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 06-12-2011 at 08:53 AM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    First of all the buffs on riftstalker aren't permanent and they require you to use a gcd of relatively weak(or no dmg) skills. Secondly, the 15% from nb is only with 10 points and you are ignoring root abilities. If you look at assasin and nightblade you will find they offer significantly more damage than does riftstalker. You don't even need the extra mobility since you have flash of steel from the BD tree.

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Riftstalker is a fantastic PvP soul for war-fronts. Some damage is sacrificed but you become nearly impossible to kite and you're able to switch targets as quickly as a ranged class.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Riftstalker is a fantastic PvP soul for war-fronts. Some damage is sacrificed but you become nearly impossible to kite and you're able to switch targets as quickly as a ranged class.
    Who cares about mobility and target switching if you are weak? Besides, you can get that mobility from bd and there are plenty of snares in other trees.

  11. #11
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Riftstalker is a fantastic PvP soul for war-fronts. Some damage is sacrificed but you become nearly impossible to kite and you're able to switch targets as quickly as a ranged class.
    That's what I was thinking... PvP isn't a PvE dps parse race, that mobility and extra defense counts in spades. So it could work in an assist train with rdps due to the good target switching?
    Last edited by Mezkh; 06-12-2011 at 09:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts