+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger and Pets

Soulwalker

Default Ranger and Pets

Ok first off let me try to eliminate the trolls out there who will see this is my first post by saying, I am one who reads the boards often but rarely post. Part of that is I actually have a job and for 8 hours a day they will not let me on the website.

One of the questions or improvements I would love to see is Pet variety and options. One of the things that made the original Hunter class in the other Nameless game was the ability to seek out rare pets and utilize their special skills for you just like someone else would seek out rare armor. The OTHER guys change that and virtualy ruined my charecter and the fun I had hunting pets in one Nerf. To be honest I rarely play my hunter since them. I love rift and the ranger options I am just ready for new options with pets. Boar, Wolf and raptor are serving me well but the option to locate other pets even rare pets would really draw me closer to the game.

Just a thought
    Last edited by Faredale; 06-12-2011 at 04:31 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Faredale View Post
    Ok first off let me try to eliminate the trolls out there who will see this is my first post by saying, I am one who reads the boards often but rarely post. Part of that is I actually have a job and for 8 hours a day they will not let me on the website.

One of the questions or improvements I would love to see is Pet variety and options. One of the things that made the original Hunter class in the other Nameless game was the ability to seek out rare pets and utilize their special skills for you just like someone else would seek out rare armor. The OTHER guys change that and virtualy ruined my charecter and the fun I had hunting pets in one Nerf. To be honest I rarely play my hunter since them. I love rift and the ranger options I am just ready for new options with pets. Boar, Wolf and raptor are serving me well but the option to locate other pets even rare pets would really draw me closer to the game.

Just a thought
    Do I dare? Yes, I do.

I played a hunter in WoW too, and I know how you feel. However, if they were to add some different pets in Rift they'd soon be busy trying to "normalize" them because soon every Ranger would have the same pet.

You and I know how many times this happened in WoW. It was like an endless cycle.

1 Several Pet Choices.
    2 Theorycrafting reveals there is really only ONE pet if you want to be competitive.
    3 All hunters get pet that is now required.
    4 Devs "normalize" pets.
    5 Hunters want unique pets.
    6 Devs create new pets

rinse and repeat.

I wish it wasn't this way, but six years shows that it is.
    Last edited by Brindel; 06-12-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Shadowlander

dup post - Deleted.
    Last edited by Brindel; 06-12-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: dup post

Telaran

I agree with the OP totally; aside from the fact that I dislike pets, but I play, or am playing a deep Ranger build...why. Because I love the Ranger class period...I've played one, or a type of one in every mmo for the past 14 years, Everquest, Age of Crapnan, Suckguard (Vanguard), and a few others in between. Rift thus far seems to almost have the Ranger class down as it was (meh sort of) in the original Everquest. But I do wish that Trion would just get rid of pets period in the Ranger soul.

But just forgoe the pet, I do, I seldom use one unless I happen to be in a Warfront, and its usually my wolf, only level 20, so ima newb still I know. But I don't use the pet and I have a few points in Assassain, which if a melee gets up on ya, with the right shots from max distance a few combo points and they are toast anyway. Ranger is fun...enjoy it man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devildogg View Post
    But just forgoe the pet, I do, I seldom use one unless I happen to be in a Warfront, and its usually my wolf, only level 20, so ima newb still I know. But I don't use the pet and I have a few points in Assassain, which if a melee gets up on ya, with the right shots from max distance a few combo points and they are toast anyway. Ranger is fun...enjoy it man!!
    Sounds like you would be better off playing a Marksman-heavy build.

In WFs is where I don't want a pet. There is something really freeing about ranged dps without a pet in battlegrounds and a pet really doesn't help you burst someone down who is in your face very much anyway, at least up through the 30-39 bracket where I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brindel View Post
    Do I dare? Yes, I do.

I played a hunter in WoW too, and I know how you feel. However, if they were to add some different pets in Rift they'd soon be busy trying to "normalize" them because soon every Ranger would have the same pet.

You and I know how many times this happened in WoW. It was like an endless cycle.

1 Several Pet Choices.
    2 Theorycrafting reveals there is really only ONE pet if you want to be competitive.
    3 All hunters get pet that is now required.
    4 Devs "normalize" pets.
    5 Hunters want unique pets.
    6 Devs create new pets

rinse and repeat.

I wish it wasn't this way, but six years shows that it is.
    Pretty much. I think they could sate the desire for individuality just by offering some color choices for the base pets, at least at the highest "dire" and blood raptor levels. Of course, if they did that, the other class pet builds would want color choices as well.

+ Reply to Thread