+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB Top PvE Build

Rift Master

Default NB Top PvE Build

http://www.tophatgents.com/forums/vi...314&gid=203634

What do you guys think of the above NB PvE guide?

Soulwalker

First of all, its a BD hybrid build. U pick up some passives from nb only. The guide itself is great and does what it should.
    I run this build for all my single target encounters. I parse 977 on the dummie in t1/t2 gear selfed buffed.
    From what I've seen it's the top build single target atm. A t3 rouge parsed 1067 against me with his melee sab, so guessing I'll parse higher than that when I get the gear for it.
    Not sure but think hoku said he was getting around 1100-1200 selfbuff on dummie with this.

But in aoe this build sucks, so I usually run with 44sab/19sin/2 ranger (lazymode) for trash and such!

Good build, easy rotation, especially when u come from the melee/ranger build and its without a pet!!!! Thx nemesis for the guide once again!

His guide is actually outdated in many ways. If you're looking for the current version most similar to his spec check out my post in the Bladedancer thread going on atm. His version simply throws all of his skills in macros blindly and doesn't pay attention to what's landing each time he uses them. For that spec to work you want to maintain that your best skills get used during the Deadly Dance buff.

He tosses in Quick Strike and Fiery Spike into his 1-combo point macro, which can screw up your rotation. Quick Strike will prevent Precision Strike from being available in the 2-combo point macro, and you don't want to inadvertently overwrite your Fiery Spike when Deadly Dance isn't available, or refresh it unnecessarily when you could use another damage skill instead. There is also no need for an Ebon Fury macro at all when you order your 2-combo point macro properly.

As for his Sabo build, he is overlooking the Deadly Dance buff from Bladedancer which is huge to a Sabo since 1.2. You can see the current thread on this here as well outlining how to make the most out of Deadly Dance there as well to increase your damage immensely. However I recently made some disagreements with the majority on how they spec and utilize the build, but you can catch up with that when you get to page 11.
    Last edited by Lokanu; 06-12-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    Rules to Live by<insert ceiling cat here>
    Moar werld content plx!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lokanu View Post
    His guide is actually outdated in many ways. If you're looking for the current version most similar to his spec check out my post in the Bladedancer thread going on atm. His version simply throws all of his skills in macros blindly and doesn't pay attention to what's landing each time he uses them. For that spec to work you want to maintain that your best skills get used during the Deadly Dance buff.

He tosses in Quick Strike and Fiery Spike into his 1-combo point macro, which can screw up your rotation. Quick Strike will prevent Precision Strike from being available in the 2-combo point macro, and you don't want to inadvertently overwrite your Fiery Spike when Deadly Dance isn't available, or refresh it unnecessarily when you could use another damage skill instead. There is also no need for an Ebon Fury macro at all when you order your 2-combo point macro properly.

As for his Sabo build, he is overlooking the Deadly Dance buff from Bladedancer which is huge to a Sabo since 1.2. You can see the current thread on this here as well outlining how to make the most out of Deadly Dance there as well to increase your damage immensely. However I recently made some disagreements with the majority on how they spec and utilize the build, but you can catch up with that when you get to page 11.
    Why don't you use Quick Strike in your macro?

+ Reply to Thread