+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blade Dancer

Default Blade Dancer

Experimenting around with it, wondering what people tend to do, what I'm doing wrong/right/etc.

Macro is Precision>Quick>Keen Strike, and I only use Deadly Strike unless in an AoE fight (Twin Strike+Compound), or there's no Bard (add in Dauntless when I need to refresh it)

Current spec, didn't see a need to go higher in BD, but the 51p skill seems ridiculous, so I'm not sure if I made the right decision there. Spec'd just high enough in NB to get all the passive boosts I felt like I needed, same in Assassin. I run two daggers, because of my usual DPS spec, so I get off the poisons and such a ton.

I seem to parse around 1k single target on average.
    Epic Gendo

Plane Walker

Unless you are soloing(and even then maybe not) there is no need to go past 27 in BD. You have to get too many worthless talents to go above there.

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Unless you are soloing(and even then maybe not) there is no need to go past 27 in BD. You have to get too many worthless talents to go above there.
    Why's that? Assuming you mean not taking Blade Hustle, which seems rather useful to me.

This is a group build I'm aiming for, I don't solo much of anything.
    Epic Gendo

Plane Walker

Blade hustle is good only if you have a bunch of offensive rhythmics. Getting a bunch of them requires you to get a bunch of useless things, like talents that increase damage when you dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Blade hustle is good only if you have a bunch of offensive rhythmics. Getting a bunch of them requires you to get a bunch of useless things, like talents that increase damage when you dodge.
    Where do you suggest moving the points from BD to?
    Epic Gendo

Plane Walker

The NB skills there don't make much sense, unless you're thinking of a vastly different rotation. Pretty much everything i have is physical.
    Epic Gendo

Plane Walker

To optimize you should be using nb skills. Fiery spike and dusk are definitely worth it. Ebon fury also provides great burst.

Telaran

Blade and Soul is a lovely ability to have but it isn't worth it.

The Combo builders for BD are horribly weak. Your current build will excel - it works excellent in a raid format where fights for melee are forgiving.

As most people have stated there is no dps climb after 27 points in BD which is why its suggested to not go any higher.

Ebon Fury lets you spam Dusk Strike - Its like Puncture x2 CP but no bleed

Melted Skin doesn't need more than 1 point in it. Eventide reduces the cooldown so its the same as Puncture (iirc) and increases its damage by 10%.

Although Blade Hustle is nice, at most it would give you head room of 2 or 3 more attacks.

Now Dancing Steel is a lovely ability when combined with a Rhythmic Action. It hits 8 times in 8 seconds which would be lovely with a high crit build but again... its not really worth it, unless you intended to solo with it.

'xell's build

Is probably where you want to go in terms of optimising the most out of the builds. As you know Sin and NB compliment your melee attacks by a great deal, using the 7 points from BD you can amplify your abilities further.

I noticed xell also put a single point into Heat Retention which will proc off your combo building abilities, while increasing your non-physical abilities (aka. NB attacks and poisons/enchants ) when the buff gets to a stack of fight your next Finisher will have its damage boosted by 30% meaning in total your finishers will be buffed by 50% damage from the NB tree ( 30% Heat Retention + 15% Coup de Grace + 5% Melted Skin )

Rift Master

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0VMcxob.V0xMho

How about this PvE build?

No wasted points.

32 BD / 18 AS / 16 NB

And you have AoE
    Last edited by Cempa; 06-12-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0VMcxob.V0xMho

How about this PvE build?

No wasted points.

32 BD / 18 AS / 16 NB

And you have AoE
    Just can't justify going 32 into bd. You may not consider points wasted but 4-5 give pretty weak bonuses. Double coup has always given be disappointing results. You are going to miss puncture which is a 2 cp ability(the more of these the better) and does a ton of dps. You also miss about 14% elemental dmg(fiery spike is the 2nd highest dps in this build, behind deadly strike), +30% to every few finishers, eventide, and smoldering blades.

Rift Master

delete............................................ ...............
    Last edited by Cempa; 06-12-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Shadowlander

I'm currently running 27/31/x, BD/'sin/NB. Slip Away allows me to re-open in the middle of the fight and regain the Cloak and Dagger buff. Combine that with Blade Tempo + trinkets and you put out a crap load of damage on demand. (It's also great for PvP...5cp Deadly Strike->Blade Tempo->Slip Away->Assassinate)

I'm contemplating dropping Backstab from my build and simply using Fiery Spike in it's place for DD charges but damnit...it hits just as hard as Precision Strike. That's a lot of quick damage when I want burst.

On the final boss of FLH regular (I'm 46, mind you) I regularly pull off around 580-600 DPS with that build.

DB1

I'm running this atm I go full Heat retention and melted skin for the 100% proc

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0A0o0o.0VRcxob

Soulwalker

´xell whats your rotation in pve?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast