Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogues - They are about to DESTROY our class in PvP - Don't let them!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Default Rogues - They are about to DESTROY our class in PvP - Don't let them!

Read here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...1.3-Discussion

The bottom line is a massive damage decrease for everyone in PvP. Who does that help? You got it, healers. You know the guys who are already virtually impossible to kill already.

Rogues are damage dealers. We have no other function. We can't be PvP-tanks like warriors and we can't be healers like mages (unless you count bards, which will probably be the only thing we can do).

If you enjoy being a damage dealer in PvP, if you like having a place in warfronts and world PvP other than cannon-fodder, don't let them do this.

Whether you love me or hate me, or any other rogues on these forums, we need to unite against this change. If it goes forward, Rogues will be a joke.

Yes, this is "just" the Alpha Test Server, which is why there is still time to avert this oncoming disaster. Don't be silent. Don't sit on your hands. Rogues are on the brink of obsolence and only a concerted outcry from the rogue community can avert this disaster.

Let your voices be heard here and follow my blog at dunsparrow.com for details on this nightmare and other rogue commentary from a top PvP and PvE rogue.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 06-11-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Signed. Increasing the power of Valor even further is stupid. What's worse is it now directly negates crit damage. Who RELIES on crits? Rogues...

Sigh. SWTOR and GW 2 cant come soon enough.
    Jiu Jitsu ftw

Ever since rogues were adjusted to be competitive in pvp, the community has been screaming for them to be nerfed, this is Trions way of doing just that without touching the rogue class mechanics.

god yes.. the ONLY reason im stickign to this game is becuase i need something to occupy me during my time without good movies/friends to hang with until swtor/gw2 comes out , this game has just lost its.. lust for me

Champion

There will always be a way to effectively play a class in Rift given how many spec options we have at our disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    There will always be a way to effectively play a class in Rift given how many spec options we have at our disposal.
    Have fun barding. Everything else is toast. The only damage classes will be those that can self heal (mage, cleric).

Gersh posted that they'll be tweaking the healers god-like abilites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Rogues are damage dealers. We have no other function. We can't be PvP-tanks like warriors and we can't be healers like mages (unless you count bards, which will probably be the only thing we can do).
    Fang/Sourcestone Carriers/Runners, Debuffers, High-burst single target surprise attacks, Barding.

Critical hit damage reduction NEEDED to happen. I didn't enjoy being chain crit by warriors and instsantly dying while wearing Rank 5 gear. I didn't enjoy Pyros eating me alive still after every nerf they've gotten. Two of our pvp-centric warriors in guild (one with relic) now say that the new Paragon is MORE burst than previously, which means they'll just be doing as much burst as they do on live. Give healers and few tweaks and pvp might actually be about teamwork and thought, instead of zerging and crits.

Honestly I think you just enjoy reading your own text. Shameless website advertising is lulz as well. Props on the well worded violation of the forum rules (petition) though.
    http://Sunrest-Exiled.com
    Conqueror: Greenscale's Blight | Conqueror: River of Souls | Gilded Prophecy: 4/4 | Hammerknell Fortress: 4/11 | Drowned Halls: 4/4 | Prestige: 6/8

Quote Originally Posted by Maugrim View Post
    Sigh. SWTOR and GW 2 cant come soon enough.
    ^^^

coming from a rogue with 2 relics... if this game doesnt get pvp in the next update after 1.3 then it will be dead! if hammerknell does not deliver for pve there will be no reason to log on!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnanever View Post
    Gersh posted that they'll be tweaking the healers god-like abilites.

Fang/Sourcestone Carriers/Runners, Debuffers, High-burst single target surprise attacks, Barding.

Critical hit damage reduction NEEDED to happen. I didn't enjoy being chain crit by warriors and instsantly dying while wearing Rank 5 gear. I didn't enjoy Pyros eating me alive still after every nerf they've gotten. Two of our pvp-centric warriors in guild (one with relic) now say that the new Paragon is MORE burst than previously, which means they'll just be doing as much burst as they do on live. Give healers and few tweaks and pvp might actually be about teamwork and thought, instead of zerging and crits.

Honestly I think you just enjoy reading your own text. Shameless website advertising is lulz as well. Props on the well worded violation of the forum rules (petition) though.
    I don't care about the damage reduction, if it came with a corresponding healing reduction. However, quite the opposite has occurred. Warfronts will now have more healers than ever before, and damage will be less. This constitutes a healer buff in a healer-centric game.

The rest of your post is laughable. Paragon warriors will be doing more damage in PvE. Thats great, but has absolutely no relevance to this post. Do you have even the slightest concept of what it will be like to battle a cleric with 65+% static damage reduction from valor and talents, while they are healing full-out?

I notice you rambled on incoherently about warriors when this post is in the rogue forums and about rogues. I guess you're saying rogues should just "debuff" and let warriors do the damage? What a dim bulb you are.

Oh, and dunsparrow.com dunsparrow.com dunsparrow.com dunsparrow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    ^^^

coming from a rogue with 2 relics... if this game doesnt get pvp in the next update after 1.3 then it will be dead! if hammerknell does not deliver for pve there will be no reason to log on!
    This.

AND, servers need special love to clip the wings of the bugs that are flying around and the disastrous amount of server lag and crashes.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

If even half the valor changes go live, PvP will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Rouge will dead

Will indeed be the end of PvP..alreayd made a post on the test forums about it and in short...healers will dominate the WF's and all other classes just stand there doing funny damage while they wait till the timer runs out.

Soulwalker

Way I see it, healing clerics now are pretty much impossible to 1v1, this change will just keep that the same. Warriors? DD Mages? DD Clerics? Other rogues? These changes effect us the exact same.

I don't think it'll be near as bad as everyone thinks. Even if it makes the already unkillable more unkillable, who gives a crap if they're unkillable already?!
    No need to be emo, I'll cut it for you.
    I need a rabies shot cos these *****es be mad

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast