+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rift: World of the Rogue (Version #2)

Ascendant

Default Rift: World of the Rogue (Version #2)

PVP - Look Trion. I am tired of every warfront having ~8 - 10 rogues, ~5 - 8 mages, a few clerics and one token warrior. Rogues at range currently have more burst and sustained damage then warriors in melee range. I have full plate and over 500 valor and getting destroyed by rogue assassins when they attack from stealth. The disparity in damage is so severe I would normally issue a bug report. In Rift the lack of pvp balance is so extreme there is no piont. PVP is an utter and complete mess.

PVE - With the changes in 1.3 I doubt any warriors will be going to raids as dps. Therefore, you might have a few token warriors as off-tank but rogues seem to main tank for most major guilds. So the master plan is to have warriors progress to T2 and the re-roll a rogue or cleric? I mean seriously.

None of us can figure out what in the world Trion is thinking. This is not just a few people. It is a consensous of many people with backgrounds in multiple games. Why design the warrior class with limited options in a game that markets diversity and then have these few options gimped when compared to other classes. On top of this fact, why make it so other classes with more options can exceed the performance of warriors in the only two roles they currently have in the game: DPS and TANK.

Version #2

Banned

PEBKAC

/10chars

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    Much of the time the content in PTS patches is heavily work-in-progress data, incomplete or intended for testing and tweaking. Sometimes the content is only accessible via dev commands! All of it is highly subject to change before it ever makes it to live Rift shards. Some won't even make it there.
    I'll put this in your second post about the same thing as well, just in case you didn't read it the first time.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    PVP - Look Trion. I am tired of every warfront having ~8 - 10 rogues, ~5 - 8 mages, a few clerics and one token warrior. Rogues at range currently have more burst and sustained damage then warriors in melee range. I have full plate and over 500 valor and getting destroyed by rogue assassins when they attack from stealth. The disparity in damage is so severe I would normally issue a bug report. In Rift the lack of pvp balance is so extreme there is no piont. PVP is an utter and complete mess.

PVE - With the changes in 1.3 I doubt any warriors will be going to raids as dps. Therefore, you might have a few token warriors as off-tank but rogues seem to main tank for most major guilds. So the master plan is to have warriors progress to T2 and the re-roll a rogue or cleric? I mean seriously.

None of us can figure out what in the world Trion is thinking. This is not just a few people. It is a consensous of many people with backgrounds in multiple games. Why design the warrior class with limited options in a game that markets diversity and then have these few options gimped when compared to other classes. On top of this fact, why make it so other classes with more options can exceed the performance of warriors in the only two roles they currently have in the game: DPS and TANK.

Version #2
    Trion has obvious rogue favortism but look at the bright side guild wars is coming soon . And i know for most if trion doesnt get balance right this next patch or a week or so after it there wont be a game to play so it wont really matter. Rogues have much utilty its ridulous i still dont understand how they get stealth and the best dps its stupid and imbalanced.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Trion has obvious rogue favortism but look at the bright side guild wars is coming soon . And i know for most if trion doesnt get balance right this next patch or a week or so after it there wont be a game to play so it wont really matter. Rogues have much utilty its ridulous i still dont understand how they get stealth and the best dps its stupid and imbalanced.

LOL ya and what happen to the first 2months of games where no1 wanted rogues for anything?? think about that little nerd before saying TrIon LOVE rogues.You most likely die by rogue in PVP and wanna cry i guess

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    look at the bright side guild wars is coming soon . And i know for most if trion doesnt get balance right this next patch or a week or so after it there wont be a game to play so it wont really matter. Rogues have much utilty its ridulous i still dont understand how they get stealth and the best dps its stupid and imbalanced.
    Soon = 9 months minimum.

Also, my mage kills rogues.

Champion

First 2 months of this game, Rogues are good at one thing: Tanking. Saboteurs succeed only because of a damage multiplier bug.

Two patches later, Rogues are brought into line with the other three callings, after being gimps for the first two months, and it's "OMG TRION LOVES THEIR ROGUES!1!1!1!1ONE" ?

Spare me. Rogues aren't favored in this game. Two months ago, I'd have been laughed out of a warfront if I tried to melee. Expert groups would only take me if I was tanking or Bard (and no Chloro was available). They've already all but admitted screwing up Warriors in 1.3...wait a week, watch them buff all the Warrior DPS souls to compensate for the SLI nerf, then we'll talk about whom Trion favors. As a pre-emptive hint, though, when Warriors do the most damage with the most survivability, that doesn't indicate that Trion favors *Rogues*.
    Last edited by Ampere; 06-11-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Hahahaha woooooow trion favorites rogues? That's the funniest $hit I've heard all day. I seriously can't believe u believe that. I'm just so blown away I don't even know how to respond... what do u play anyway? I play a rogue and trust me... we are anything but favored.
    Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse.

The Sky Is Falling In
    Last edited by Arcticred; 06-11-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    PVP - Look Trion. I am tired of every warfront having ~8 - 10 rogues, ~5 - 8 mages, a few clerics and one token warrior.
    Is the token warrior the one that usually charges my mage, global him and merrily jumps away?

Soulwalker

Play the game as it is or quit the game . It's so simple

The warriors I play with are durable enough to charge into a scrum and powerful enough to gib a cloth wearer in seconds. Throw in a healer (or timely bloodthirsty procs) and they become juggernauts.

Not sure which game you're playing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Is the token warrior the one that usually charges my mage, global him and merrily jumps away?
    So, you're in level 30 greens in a 50 warfront then? That's about the only way for a warrior to global you.

Unless he's been attacking someone else, has got SLI up already, and has 2-3 reactives ready to go. needing 5-6 swings on someone else before having the slightest chance to global you...

Hey, I sound like a Pyro defending Fulminate!
    Last edited by DJDischord; 06-12-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jeuce View Post
    Hahahaha woooooow trion favorites rogues? That's the funniest $hit I've heard all day. I seriously can't believe u believe that. I'm just so blown away I don't even know how to respond...
    Longest sentence I have read saying nothing this week, congrats. If you didn't know how to respond why bother? I "cant believe you believed" you had something useful to add.

Banned

Warriors are fine. Bad warriors aren't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast