+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I pull aggro and die a lot

Shadowlander

Default I pull aggro and die a lot

I have a greenscale dagger and a fair mix of T2/3 gear and now its gotten to the point where I pull aggro if I go all out almost every pull. If I'm not sabo doing 1400ish its gameover if I am sabo doing 1650ish the first incriminate wont hold up and I usually will pull right before the third spike/incrim. This is single target dps of course.

Is spike the best place for incrim single target? I generally get a deadly puncture and spike in the first incrim and generally will take the loss and start with BD buff on the first charge set rather than second.

Does anyone else have such huge aggro issues?

QQQQQQ wtb threat awareness system so I know when to stand still and wait for threat.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by zepher5 View Post
    I have a greenscale dagger and a fair mix of T2/3 gear and now its gotten to the point where I pull aggro if I go all out almost every pull. If I'm not sabo doing 1400ish its gameover if I am sabo doing 1650ish the first incriminate wont hold up and I usually will pull right before the third spike/incrim. This is single target dps of course.

Is spike the best place for incrim single target? I generally get a deadly puncture and spike in the first incrim and generally will take the loss and start with BD buff on the first charge set rather than second.

Does anyone else have such huge aggro issues?

QQQQQQ wtb threat awareness system so I know when to stand still and wait for threat.
    All i can ask is what Trinket do you use? You might want to consider getting a trinket that reduces threat or essence

Have you considered waiting 2 - 3 seconds before enagining?

Have you tried advising a friendly tank to get that - mutiforce-taunt at the start for your benefit.

Is one of your main tankers a Rogue by any chance? I noticed while doing my T1/T2 tanking that i'd lose aggro if i build up with Planar Attack while spamming AoE's its rare but yeah it happens on the odd occasion!

Sez

Addons are coming.

Your bd/sab spec is getting nerfed, you might want to change it.

Slow down dps.

Get a better tank.

Stop front-loading.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shield of Telara

everything Sez said but I have a feeling the "nerfed" (changed is more accurate; since the mechanic is pretty much the same) bd/sabo will still be one of the better builds we have. It should still be able to maintain good dps and be very mobile.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 06-11-2011 at 12:21 PM.

get a rogue tank. It is damn near impossible for people to pull off me in single target. I can't even full out attack if I am off tanking for a debuff because i pull off our cleric and warrior tanks. god forbid i do rift disturbance in an AOE situation...i have to wait about 3 seconds before i can use RD or i get all aggro and die.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!!!

Fakemessiah 50 Guardian Male High Elf Rogue Tank/Guitar of Destruction - Dec 17, 2010 - Present
    Fakemessiah 85 Horde Female Goblin Warrior Single Tgt Prot/AOE Prot - Nov 24, 2004 - Apr 8, 2011
    Fakemessiah Lord Of The Rings Online - Retired
    Ehgriez Everquest Warrior Tank - Retired
    Ehgriez RuneScape - Retired
    Fakemessiah Ultima Online - Retired

Shadowlander

Yeah, rogue tanks are fine for the most part. I do wait a few seconds before I start generally but with incrim it hardly matters.

My concern is the fact that all my other specs are worse with threat than sabo which parses significantly better.

Also, I'm a dps min/maxing fanatic so switching gear or essences seems almost pointless. Where there are two sabos in raid threats fine but its just when it's me or 0 sabos.

IDK, I doubt there are any non obvious solutions I don't already know of it's just annoying not being able to give it my all sometimes.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    everything Sez said but I have a feeling the "nerfed" (changed is more accurate; since the mechanic is pretty much the same) bd/sabo will still be one of the better builds we have. It should still be able to maintain good dps and be very mobile.
    Right, I ment to say "fix" or "change." I was forum hopping too quickly.

aux

Well, if it's too much to hold back a little, you can always ask for a nerf.
    I'm so BORED

Shadowlander

Apparently I'm the only one with the problem.

Rift Disciple

Your tank is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by zepher5 View Post
    Apparently I'm the only one with the problem.
    i have the same problem. i think it's that our tanks think that gear is everything, and that they don't need to know how to hold aggro off of competent DPS.

my workaround: sab is the only spec I play so I can use incriminate on the tanks. if you have a warrior tank, certain specs can misdirect aggro from you to them for 6 seconds i think, but i'm not sure. i normally incriminate right before my first detonate, then use it on cooldown before the shrapnel charge detonate (i do this for both regular sab and deadly sab)
    i still pull aggro from our cleric tank sometimes, though. a large part of the problem is tank incompetence they don't have a threat-per-second meter to maximize on so they slack.

Sez

Good point. Using melee ranger, I can divert some of my aggro to my pet instead.

Rift Chaser

I used to play a healer, I had a mage and cleric at 50 that I used to swap between depending on my mood as they're quite different playstyles.

I rerolled as a warrior and never looked back after easily over 50% of pug's I ever got in had bad tanks.

There's a lot of bad tanks around. But I think it genuinely just comes from a ton of people that play this game never look at the forums and just learn based on what other people inside the game tell them, so it's technically not their fault as there is an entire legion of ill educated players creating more ill educated players and couple that with asking anything on the public channels will 9 times out of 10 get a troll replying to you and giving you bad information on purpose and you can see where the issue is.

Whenever you find a tank that you're not pulling aggro from friend them and hang out with them on a regular basis, as they will appreciate the dps you're capable of putting out and you'll appreciate them actually knowing how to play their role.

If you group with any warrior tanks though that have warlord in their spec, you can tell by buffs such as aspect of the fallen hero, battlefield distraction and so on.. ask if they have intercept and then tell them the amount of dps you put out and your threat shouldn't be a problem in that run.
    Last edited by Anchor; 06-11-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Shadowlander

I only raid.

I have always wondered, does incriminate threat transfer for the duration of a spike charge assuming it detonates with the buff active similar to how spike charge damage carries over even if a damage buff falls off?

If not shrapnel would probably be the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakemessiah View Post
    get a rogue tank. It is damn near impossible for people to pull off me in single target. I can't even full out attack if I am off tanking for a debuff because i pull off our cleric and warrior tanks. god forbid i do rift disturbance in an AOE situation...i have to wait about 3 seconds before i can use RD or i get all aggro and die.
    Why are you using RD if you're not tanking?
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast