+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard And Sabeteur T2....

Default Bard And Sabeteur T2....

1 - whats needed for bard to be effective support in T2? not just for LFD, but to actually be effective support
    2 - whats needed for sab to be effective dps in T2? not just for LFD, but to actually be effective dps

Telaran

1: Bard gear really doesn't matter much. What you'd likely see the most benefit from are the greater essences that add a chance to apply a hit (e.g.Crystal Vine), as these can trigger off of cadence. I'm not sure if the same is true for trinkets (e.g. Spirit Wolf Totem) but the trinkets have a pretty low proc rate anyway.

2: WEAPON DPS > Dex > AP/Crit > Str, just like all DPS rogues. Don't bother with any greater essences, just stack lessers with dex and ap/crit
    Last edited by moui; 06-10-2011 at 10:51 AM.

1 - bard: would 400 AP, 430 crit suffice till new gears and planars?
    2 - sab: would 450 AP, 478 crit, 129 hit suffice till new gears and planars?
    Last edited by TJ74; 06-10-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Shield of Telara

^ thats all fine. you will pull your own weight just fine. just keep your rotations up. as bard keep your buffs up. if you dont raid as bard then go for a more battle bard type of build so that you are adding more dps/healing into the mix. 51pt bard is passable for instances but outside of raids nobody's going to want you to have that many points in it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by moui View Post
    1: Bard gear really doesn't matter much. What you'd likely see the most benefit from are the greater essences that add a chance to apply a hit (e.g.Crystal Vine), as these can trigger off of cadence. I'm not sure if the same is true for trinkets (e.g. Spirit Wolf Totem) but the trinkets have a pretty low proc rate anyway.

2: WEAPON DPS > Dex > AP/Crit > Str, just like all DPS rogues. Don't bother with any greater essences, just stack lessers with dex and ap/crit
    Spirit Wolf Totem and Sacred Heirloom of Eth both proc off of Bard heals, and are very much worth getting.

Crystal Vine and Frozen Deep One Tear also work, and are very much worth picking up for any dedicated bard.

@OP: Just make sure you're in T1 gear (epics or blues) and/or crafted epics, and you'll be fine. May want to wait until you get T1 epic weapons (25.4 melee weapons, decent bow).

ya my mace and axe are from xIT (forget names atm but i think its the boss near the black ghosts room where u have to LoS or skel adds come out)
    armors are belt and hands from plaques, head and legs crafted, gun from xIT (one of the first bosses. the dex heavy one with 10 crit), other gears are from other dungeons
    my bad weak area are planars and socket. so im looking forward to T2's

Shield of Telara

for your planars just run raid rifts. they are easy, easily pugable (people are usually looking for something to do and there is no lockout or anything on these), and drop a few essences each usually.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Nothing matters for bard except your greaters that have shield procs and the SHOE.

+ Reply to Thread