+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help picking the right souls for my PvE playstyle

Telaran

Default Need help picking the right souls for my PvE playstyle

I'd like to have my normal fight involve the classic stealth up behind bad guy, hit very hard, then fight any ads. What mix is best for this?

My main confusion is that Assassin and Night-blade both seem to favor the 'hit from behind' style of play, but I have no idea which is better.

Also I am not sure how to balance out the stealth style - Blade-dancer for when I cannot re stealth? Rift-stalker for defense?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I have leveled and played with all 4 classes and have to say that leveling as an Assassin as main soul with rift as second (till u get that point with hp return with compo point kill) is the fastest and easiest way to level.

Few reasons -
    1 - Main reason is while questing you are asked to go to certain places where you are not supposed to kill mobs but still you have to because they are in your way. This adds so much freaking time. As assassin, just go into shadows and finish quest and run back.
    2 - Nuking damage - You will kill enemies even before they will land a hit on you.
    3 - also lets suppose you are being attacked by many mobs and about to die, you can disappear and go out of combat. Assassin has so many evading techniques to save their As$

I leveled as ranger till 45 and played assassin last 5 levels and felt so bad that I should have leveled as assassin from start. You wont go wrong with assassin. Go for it.
    Last edited by Arrowsong; 06-10-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Telaran

Thank you!

21 assassin was fun lvling but i frequently would lose up to half life when facing more than 1 target. incapacitate was so damn handy, almost more so than slip away.
    but even on 1 target i would lose a 1/4th life but it didnt slow me down too much.
    Last edited by TJ74; 06-10-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Plane Touched

bard is the easiest to level with due to heals. basically you can never die.

its not fast, but due to the fact you have to fight constantly, you have 0 down time.

ya i agree. ive tried tanking and was able to hold hate fairly well but it just never felt right to me. always felt on edge and ohmmgee effing busy!!
    i liked lvling ranger, but got very boring.
    tried a few others but didnt like them (personal feeling not soul issues)
    tried sin a little and still have that role for funtime
    in the end i main with bard and swap with sab. third is the sin and a 4th many-soul role just for testing/playing
    sin is worth keeping, u will like it but i think bard is best rogue soul with sab as second best. but again, its just more my styles, not that something is wrong with the others
    Last edited by TJ74; 06-10-2011 at 12:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread