+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Marksmen Single Target Rotation Suggestions?

Soulwalker

Default 51 Marksmen Single Target Rotation Suggestions?

Basic build: 51 marks / 15 nightblade / 0 sin (for free poison).

My biggest problem is deciding on when to use the big cool downs, and when to use Quick Reload. I seem to use strafe and hit n run twice, then blow reload... but I'm looking for a better way.

This is my single target rotation:
    Opener: 5 x swift shot, rapid fire swift shot.

(Assuming raid doesn't wipe)... go into Cooldown mode:
    Strafe to build 5 points, Bulls Eye, Hit n Run, Deadeye Finisher
    (While under hit & run)
    Empowered shot x 2, Dead eye. Repeat until hit & run goes away. (I'm doing 4 CP finishers in the hope for more overall shots while under hit & run).

After hit & run, repeat opener of swift shots x5, rapid fire. Repeat with swift shots but use Dead eye until rapid fire comes back.

(After a couple swift + finisher rotations)...
    Cycle in Strafe and Hit and run when they become available. After you've used strafe and hit & run twice, blow Quick Reload and restart the damage.

I know that every fight is different and some fights require you to hang on to cool downs for a specific moment (bomb fight in gsb for example), but this just gets the conversation going.

There's probably a better way to work cool downs. Perhaps going with hit & run first, since it's on a longer cool down?

-Pindawen
    Last edited by Pindawen; 06-10-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pindawen View Post
    Basic build: 51 marks / 15 nightblade / 0 sin (for free poison).

My biggest problem is deciding on when to use the big cool downs, and when to use Quick Reload. I seem to use strafe and hit n run twice, then blow reload... but I'm looking for a better way.

This is my single target rotation:
    Opener: 5 x swift shot, rapid fire swift shot.

(Assuming raid doesn't wipe)... go into Cooldown mode:
    Strafe to build 5 points, Bulls Eye, Hit n Run, Deadeye Finisher
    (While under hit & run)
    Empowered shot x 2, Dead eye. Repeat until hit & run goes away. (I'm doing 4 CP finishers in the hope for more overall shots while under hit & run).

After hit & run, repeat opener of swift shots x5, rapid fire. Repeat with swift shots but use Dead eye until rapid fire comes back.

(After a couple swift + finisher rotations)...
    Cycle in Strafe and Hit and run when they become available. After you've used strafe and hit & run twice, blow Quick Reload and restart the damage.

I know that every fight is different and some fights require you to hang on to cool downs for a specific moment (bomb fight in gsb for example), but this just gets the conversation going.

There's probably a better way to work cool downs. Perhaps going with hit & run first, since it's on a longer cool down?

-Pindawen
    Take in consideration that : strafe has a 1 min cd, IHNR : 1min24, Bull's eye : 1min24, Reload : 3min,

Plan your stuff correctly, and you get 3 IHNR in every 3 min. It is good, but your dps in your down time is terrible. Good for killing trash or in PvP since fights are shorts, but I wouldn't advise it for bosses and the likes in PvE, + the fact that your aoe is utter trash.

You'd do better dps as a Sab/BD in long fights (1.5-1.8k ticks of spike charge when they crit if you couple your detonations in deadly dance, and now, since you'll still be able to do it in 1.3, it's not a bug so you can do it :P)

summary : MM is dependent on IHNR to do decent dps, awfull for long fights. Good in PvP though

I find that starting straight off with cooldowns typically means pulling aggro, so I usually start a little slower. (Sounds like you do the same thing.)

So what I typically do is:

Swift Shot x 5
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Strafe

Improved Hit & Run
    Deadeye Shot
    Empowered Shot x 3
    Bull's Eye
    Deadeye Shot
    Empowered Shot x 3
    Deadeye Shot
    Empowered Shot x 3
    Deadeye Shot
    Empowered Shot x 2 (IHR ends)

Swift Shot
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Quick Reload
    Strafe
    Rapid Fire Shot

Improved Hit & Run
    Empowered Shot x 3
    Bull's Eye
    Deadeye Shot
    Empowered Shot x 3
    Deadeye Shot
    Empowered Shot x 3
    Deadeye Shot
    Empowered Shot x 2
    Deadeye Shot (IHR ends)

Swift Shot x 5
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Swift Shot x 5
    Deadeye Shot
    Swift Shot x 5
    Deadeye Shot

Use Strafe next time it's available and I have 0 combo points.
    Use Improved Hit and Run again shortly after a RFS. (Meaning if RFS is just about to come back up, I'll wait to use it before I used IHR.)

At least that's what I aim for. Most of the time I have to throttle it more to let the tank stay above me on aggro. :[

+ Reply to Thread