+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bug with Rogue dots

Telaran

Default Bug with Rogue dots

Hey guys

I looked for a bug forum, but couldn't find any, so I'm posting it in here.

Rapid Fire Shot, Spike Charge, Shrapnel Charge (Residual Shrapnel) ect. does only apply the first tick/damage and stop doing any damage after that.
    Every ability I have that apply a dot on my target, doesn't work after the initial dots (Barbed Shot works fine though). It has been like this for a couple of days now.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Rift Disciple

I sure don't, or my sabo dps would be to hell and back twice.
    Last edited by Agnu; 06-10-2011 at 06:55 AM.

MT of my guilds timebomb has 4 second cooldown whereas mine is 8 second cooldown even though we have the same spec... if either of us link the ability it says 4 to him and 8 to me (and everyone else)... some weird things in this game.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Chaser

Rapid Fire Shot isn't a dot. It does instant 1-5x damage depending on the number of combo points.

I can't say about the other 2 you've mentioned since I've never used them, but other dots such as Fiery Spike work fine for me.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ricon View Post
    Hey guys

I looked for a bug forum, but couldn't find any, so I'm posting it in here.

Rapid Fire Shot, Spike Charge, Shrapnel Charge (Residual Shrapnel) ect. does only apply the first tick/damage and stop doing any damage after that.
    Every ability I have that apply a dot on my target, doesn't work after the initial dots (Barbed Shot works fine though). It has been like this for a couple of days now.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
    I have not had this problem. Used Spike, Shrapnel, Serrated Blades, Fiery Spike, Jagged Strike, Impale, and Baneful Runes last night (not all the same time :P). They all seemed to work.

On, and High Explosives.
    Last edited by Kurieg; 06-10-2011 at 07:44 AM.

Telaran

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    Rapid Fire Shot isn't a dot. It does instant 1-5x damage depending on the number of combo points.

I can't say about the other 2 you've mentioned since I've never used them, but other dots such as Fiery Spike work fine for me.
    I'm well aware of that, but couldn't find another word that could explain it better. What I am talking about is ALL my abilities, that does damage beyond the first tick. With Rapid Fire Shot ect, I get the first damage tick and no more (and we are talking with 5 combo points here and it worked 3-4 days ago), which makes is worthless for me to use.

I'm well aware of that, but couldn't find another word that could explain it better. What I am talking about is ALL my abilities, that does damage beyond the first tick. With Rapid Fire Shot ect, I get the first damage tick and no more (and we are talking with 5 combo points here and it worked 3-4 days ago), which makes is worthless for me to use.
    You may have missed or been dodged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Telaran

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    You may have missed or been dodged.
    Not to sound rude, but do you really think I make a post on the forum complaining, because I've seen i happen once or twice?

I have tested it 50+ times every day for the last 2-3 days, on dummies, mobs, players and so on. It's happens on every try, with no exception.

A little update. It's the same with Impale and Jagged Strike. So it is with every single "dot" ability and Rapid Fire Shot.

Not to sound rude, but do you really think I make a post on the forum complaining, because I've seen i happen once or twice?

Yes. I'm going to assume that you are new to these forums....

Also, it sounds like there might be something interfering with the dot somehow. However, I can't say I can duplicate the result you are getting....
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

RIFT Guide Writer

You sound bugged. I doubt it'll help, but you could try the Recover option from the log-in app when you first start up Rift. If that doesn't help, I'd escalate immediately in game to Support with a big bug flag.

Shield of Telara

definitely sounds like you are bugged. not sure why people are being so cynical regarding this issue. all sorts of bugs similar to this have occured probably including this exact issue at some point. i know for about a week there me and 5 other rogues were clipping each others Spike dots whenever we'd reapply our own. its not the same thing but a similar mechanic. all these sorts of issues are well known so i dont get why people bein ****s in here lol. this is just the sort of thing that happens in newish games and needs to be ironed out and brought to the attention of the devs.

+ Reply to Thread