+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BladeDancer - Counterbalance Question

Rift Disciple

Default BladeDancer - Counterbalance Question

BladeDancer - Counterbalance Question.

I've been seeing a lot of BD builds with Counterbalance in them. Description on the soul tree of what Counterbalance does -

Counterbalance 1/1
    Reduces the exhaustion time caused by your rhythmic abilities for 10 seconds.

Now, from my understanding of how BD mechanics work. Exhaustion is a debuff applied to your character after you use one of the BD Rhythmic abilities to prevent the BD from using another rhythmic ability right away. It does not reduce the CD on that rhythmic ability the BD just used.

If this is the case (and from my understanding it is), then why do all (most) the BD builds have Counterbalance selected in their builds? Since they only have one, usable, offensive, rhythmic ability?

If my understanding of it is wrong, I can see where a 10 second reduction in the 2 minute CD of using the Rhythmic ability might be worth it...sort of.

Ascendant

Blade Tempo, Double Coup?

Helps you use side steps faster?

Rift Disciple

Most BD builds have 30 or less soul points in them. Only Rhythmic abilities you can get with that many is -

Side Steps (Dodge)

Blade Tempo (Increase Physical Damage.)

Double Coup requires 32 points into BD. Which most of the posted builds do not have and is why I've been wondering why they have Counterbalance selected.

it's a waste of points. but some ppl are stupid and dont realize this so they have it even in their 27bd builds, much better to pick up the reactive/dodge abilities in case a cleave hits your way and you are lucky enough to dodge or parry it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mavik View Post
    Most BD builds have 30 or less soul points in them. Only Rhythmic abilities you can get with that many is -

Side Steps (Dodge)

Double Coup requires 32 points into BD. Which most of the posted builds do not have and is why I've been wondering why they have Counterbalance selected.
    I've not seen it in most of the posted builds, but then again I stopped checking them about 2-3 weeks ago. Never really saw it before that if they weren't 27+ BD.

It's probably just a point they didn't know what to do with.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by mavik View Post

Side Steps (Dodge)

You forgot the run speed buff.. But ya, not worth getting Counterbalance. It's only "worthwhile" if you're going full BD with the 4 Rhythmic abilities. At that point, the actual limit to how often a rhythmic ability is active is the exhausted effect.

+ Reply to Thread