+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Level 50 Sab essences.

Default Level 50 Sab essences.

I play a ranged Sab build atm, until I can get to know the fights better so I can switch to a Sab/BD build.

What greater essences should I be using as a ranged sab, since scorched flamesource only increases melee crit.

use the best lesser essences, focus on dex and crit

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    use the best lesser essences, focus on dex and crit
    ... did you even read my post? I know what lesser essences I'll be using, I'm asking about GREATER essences.

Next time, don't post before you read the OP. It makes you look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    ... did you even read my post? I know what lesser essences I'll be using, I'm asking about GREATER essences.

Did you even read the reply? Use the lesser essences with dex and crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    Did you even read the reply? Use the lesser essences with dex and crit.
    Does that mean you can apply lesser essences into greater essence slots? Sorry for the newbie question but just want to understand. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidar View Post
    Does that mean you can apply lesser essences into greater essence slots? Sorry for the newbie question but just want to understand. Thanks!
    Correct, not the other way around though ;)

Greaters SUCK for phys dps right now, but I like the thought of using them, so I use Crystalized Vampire Blood (Stillmoor Vender) and Mortuous Shadeshard (Death RR drop). CVB is decent all around i guess, MS gets in extra hits, helps with a sin-heavy sab build.
    Epic Gendo

Plane Walker

Definitely get the +70 dmg to frag bomb greater. It only costs 50 inscribed and it's soooo good. Also don't forgot to increase your bomb talents! With carpet bombing you can kill 5 people at once.

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Definitely get the +70 dmg to frag bomb greater. It only costs 50 inscribed and it's soooo good. Also don't forgot to increase your bomb talents! With carpet bombing you can kill 5 people at once.
    For PvP sure, PvE-raiding the +70 Frag bomb is pointless beyond belief. It's only used if you feel like lowering your DPS for some reason. Equipping that greater would lower my DPS, and I'm already using Greaters in my Greater slots, which is suicide to my DPS to begin with.
    Epic Gendo

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post

Did you even read his post? The answer to your question of "which greaters should I use" is "use lessers". Because greaters suck for sabo at the moment.

Next time, don't post hostile replies before you know how your class works. It makes you look like an idiot and a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorx View Post
    For PvP sure, PvE-raiding the +70 Frag bomb is pointless beyond belief. It's only used if you feel like lowering your DPS for some reason. Equipping that greater would lower my DPS, and I'm already using Greaters in my Greater slots, which is suicide to my DPS to begin with.
    He was being sarcastic.

And the first reply to the OP didn't really make it clear that he should put lessers in the greater slots, so maybe back off the OP a tad.

Mortuous, CVB, the guardian AP proc greater and the new fire proc greater all do decent DPS but they do probably fall short of the epic lessers especially if you look at their new stats in the upcoming patch. Plus the lessers do add small amounts of dodge and resists which isn't that important but is still nice.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shadowlander

I am using the same spec as the op, so what exactly are the names of the lessees I should be using? Oh and where can I get them, thanks ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Adreezy View Post
    I am using the same spec as the op, so what exactly are the names of the lessees I should be using? Oh and where can I get them, thanks ;)
    The epic ones that drop from raid rifts or the ones that can be purchased with 10 of the sourcestones from the raid rift daily quest.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    You will do more then 70 extra damage by getting a lesser essence for 20 inscribed sourcestone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Champion of Telara

Oh please. Have any of you even tried the frag bomb essence? The +70 damage is just the tooltip. You can't even compare the real damage in combat to random lesser essences.

Seriously, go carpet bomb or go home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast