+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doubleshot

Default Doubleshot

The ranger talent doubleshot is pretty much useless.I have an idea for this talent.Let it remain a 5 point talent but give 3 % chance per point spend to do 20 % of ability dmg and move it higher in the ranger tree. For example a rogue spent 5 points in this talent. That means he has a 15 % chance when using an ability to do 20 % of that ability dmg.That means if he does 500 dmg shadow fire and the talent activates it would do 125.In the combat log it will be somehing like :
    <name> starts casting shadow fire
    <name>'s shadow fire hits <target name> for 500 dmg
    <name>'s doubleshot hits <target name> for 100 dmg
    <name> gains <name>'s shadow fire
    and so on...
    Last edited by Stormcall; 06-09-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The ranger talent doubleshot is pretty much useless.I have an idea for this talent.Let it remain a 5 point talent but give 3 % chance per point spend to do 20 % of ability dmg and move it higher in the ranger tree. For example a rogue spent 5 points in this talent. That means he has a 15 % chance when using an ability to do 20 % of that ability dmg.That means if he does 500 dmg shadow fire and the talent activates it would do 125.In the combat log it will be somehing like :
    <name> starts casting shadow fire
    <name>'s shadow fire hits <target name> for 500 dmg
    <name>'s doubleshot hits <target name> for 100 dmg
    <name> gains <name>'s shadow fire
    and so on...
    no, for 2 reasons.
    1. its not useless. it may not be as good as you want it to be, but it isnt terrible. besides when going to 31 points for your raptor there isnt many better places to sink points.
    2. your asking for a tree that already scales well with gear, to scale WAY better. like op better.

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    no, for 2 reasons.
    1. its not useless. it may not be as good as you want it to be, but it isnt terrible. besides when going to 31 points for your raptor there isnt many better places to sink points.
    2. your asking for a tree that already scales well with gear, to scale WAY better. like op better.
    It isn't going to be op because the proc chance will be low.When i play with mm and i usually have 3/5 points in master archer and it procs once per 5-6 abilities.Ok maybe i was wrong with my first suggestion, but if the dmg is lowered to 15 % instead of 25 then it wouldn't be op.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 06-09-2011 at 11:57 PM.

It's fine as it is.

Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

Rift Master

Doubleshot is indeed utter crap because those 5 points yield more spent else where -and by more I mean a massive increase in damage.

Though in isolation it appears to be a good DPS/Damage increase, the increase is far...faaaaarrrrr...below what you would get if you put those 5 points into Assassin.

Investing in Doubleshot means you more or less write off Assassin because you will not have enough points to get the extra crit damage talent. What that means is the 5/5 Double shot needs to deliver boost over all damage by 10% as well as increase crit damage (not your crit %) by 20% for it to be worthwhile.

In other words, designers made a booboo!

PvE: Usless Talent
    PvP: LOL! Stand still and auto shoot much?
    Last edited by Cempa; 06-10-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Rift Master

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VMcx0b.x0x0V0c

Master Huntsman also as useless.

What I would do is make:

Doubleshot + Master Huntsman = Cruel Vengeance + Magnify Pain

Then we will see 51 Ranger shine!
    Last edited by Cempa; 06-10-2011 at 01:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread