+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee rouge, AP or Physical crit?

Default Melee rouge, AP or Physical crit?

I cant seem to decide :s Shoul I head over to AP or on physical crit? And if we should compare em, how much AP should I have on an item to be better than forexample +19 phys crit

Like +19 phys crit or 8 ap? (example)

What are guardians?

An instrument of faith!

I would say focus on physical crit until you reach 25%-40% range then ap. With around 35% crit or so you will crit enough to not need more and adding more damage will up your dps over crit.

As far as runes go I think that +10 dex is better then any ap or crit runes on weapons. 10 dex will give you more overall gains then the crit or ap runes.
    Last edited by inaliz; 06-09-2011 at 10:15 PM.

to an extent what inez said. you need to learn your soul mechanics. different builds scale differently with gear, and stats in general.

Some builds, like BD, scale like garbage with AP. But Crit is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

General of Telara

Shoot to at least get around 35% before going AP heavy. This way with Fanfare/Potion/Motiff/Lethal Poison/Archon buff, you'll be well over 50% which is what people like to shoot around.

It all depends on your gear but as long as you can maintain a fairly solid crit rating (which you will anyways as you get T2 and T3 gear from DEX alone almost) you can put more focus into AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheka View Post
    I cant seem to decide :s Shoul I head over to AP or on physical crit? And if we should compare em, how much AP should I have on an item to be better than forexample +19 phys crit

Like +19 phys crit or 8 ap? (example)
    Depends on your spec and what you prioritize.

With my spec i get more use out of AP, others get better out of Pcrit.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

I think 30% crit is good. Im not saying stop at 30% self buffed im just saying once you hit that you can also start to focus on AP. Imho the best way to do that is the Greater Essence Necrotic Semblance and the Trinket Shard of Planes. That is 91 attack power right there and they both have uptimes around 90%, that was my way of getting the attack power I felt I needed without messing with my spec and it worked very well for me. I run 51 Sin / 15 Infil / 0 Rng for PvP 99% I do a lot of owpvp and some instanced pvp and do pretty well.. I would have to say before AP or Crit go for Dex and then AP but I think the best way to go about attack power is in good amounts if you cant get a lot go for dex (crit)..

Got around 37% base crit Guess I'm going for AP now then, and just keep myself over 35% base crit

What are guardians?

An instrument of faith!

+ Reply to Thread