Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The solution to Eradicate...

Default The solution to Eradicate...

Get a bard on your team.

Eradicate = hard counter to buffs.
    Bard = Go figure.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Rift Disciple

Lol, then you apperenlty aswell think the ability is OP cause you need a bard every time you run a warfront.

Amazing.

2 solutions for you.

1) Put Eradicate on a 6 second cooldown. Decrease number of castable warden HoTs by 50%.

2) Keep Eradicate as is. Keep all buffs dispellable. I, for one, Welcome our new Marksman overlords.

How about a solution that isn't awful.

Make core mechanics not able to be dispelled (e.g LGV).

Keep no CD on Eradicate.

Why no CD? Because Eradicate itself isn't op. Lets bear in mind that while spamming Eradicate, like you need to do to take a Warden down, you are doing NO dps, besides essence/poison/MA procs. (Extremely optimistically, still not even 50 dps.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Rift Disciple

Oh so the secret is to get a bard that can put up 2 buffs per gcd. Oh wait...

The solution to Eradicate is the same as every other buff remover in the game - a cooldown.

Most buff removers in the game are calibrated to 1 buff removed every 5 seconds. Purge, Consumption, and Spell Sunder all follow this pattern. There are a few that do not, such as the Cabalist's Sigil of Woe, and the Archmage's Degeneration, but those are on even longer cooldowns. The model is simple, 1 buff stripped every 5 seconds or a burst-strip on a longer cooldown.

Eradicate is clearly not in alignment with that model. A simple solution would be a 10s cooldown, which would put it exactly on par with Purge, or if you wanted it to remain as the best buff remover in the game, then put it between 5-8 seconds cooldown and it would still easily carry that title.
    "The only constant in all your failed warfronts is you."
    Malorn, Cleric of The Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Malvir View Post

The solution to Eradicate is the same as every other buff remover in the game - a cooldown.

Most buff removers in the game are calibrated to 1 buff removed every 5 seconds. Purge, Consumption, and Spell Sunder all follow this pattern. There are a few that do not, such as the Cabalist's Sigil of Woe, and the Archmage's Degeneration, but those are on even longer cooldowns. The model is simple, 1 buff stripped every 5 seconds or a burst-strip on a longer cooldown.

Eradicate is clearly not in alignment with that model. A simple solution would be a 10s cooldown, which would put it exactly on par with Purge, or if you wanted it to remain as the best buff remover in the game, then put it between 5-8 seconds cooldown and it would still easily carry that title.

How many other purges are 44 points deep in a tree?
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Banned

The solution is it needs no solution.

its fine. its not overpowered. it justifies the points spent. its well balanced (o cd vs no damage and no combo building).

Poor healers - now it doesn't take 6 people to kill you lifes so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    The solution is it needs no solution.

its fine. its not overpowered. it justifies the points spent. its well balanced (o cd vs no damage and no combo building).

Poor healers - now it doesn't take 6 people to kill you lifes so hard!
    In Whitefall Stepes the other day, it still took 1 MM+ 2 dps to take down one warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvir View Post

Consumption: 6 points in Necromancer tree. Removes 1 buff on 5 sec Cooldown.
    Purge: 10 points in Inquisitor. Removes 2 buffs on 10 sec Cooldown.
    Spell Sunder: 16 points in Void Knight. Removes 3 buffs on 15 sec Cooldown and gives you 2-6 pacts. With 22 points in Void Knight it gives 6 sec immunity to magic damage.
    Eradicate: 44 points in Marksman tree. Removes 2 buffs on 0 sec Cooldown.
    *Balanced Eradicate: 44 points in Marksman tree. Removes 2 buffs on 10 sec Cooldown.

*You do realize this is not the only solution? In order to put such a high CD on it they would need to put it 10 points into Marksman tree. At the moment Marksman in premade will not run Eradicate spec. At least I have not seen anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    *You do realize this is not the only solution? In order to put such a high CD on it they would need to put it 10 points into Marksman tree. At the moment Marksman in premade will not run Eradicate spec. At least I have not seen anyone.

I run one, but that is because my battlegroup hasn't learned how to purge healers yet.

Champion

If Eradicate gets nerfed, we're back to unkillable Wardens. See the problem? You don't get to have God mode with no counters.

Most people who complain about Eradicate spam are the same Clerics who liked to jump into a pack of enemies while spam healing themselves, and I'd rather not go back to one spec being unkillable.

Marksmen who spam Eradicate do zero damage. Marksmen have virtually no defenses (their PVP kiting ability is vastly overrated). If one starts focusing your Warden, speak up...get one or two DPS on it, the Marksman dies very quickly.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Rift Disciple

If Wardens are your complaint, then change Eradicate to do the following:

1) Remove only healing effects.
    2) Be on a 5s cooldown

That would make it better at countering wardens without removing every buff in the warfront and without completely crippling the warden. Targetting only healing effects would also mean it wouldnt' be affected by the trash buffs wardens put up specifically to counter eradicate, nor would bard buffs be protection. Result - more reliable eradicate and stopping warden spam heals.

And for the eradicate spammers earlier in the thread, I also suggested it could be on a 5-8 s cooldown, but I didn't expect reading to be prevalent in this thread.

44 point investment does not mean it has to be a better ability. There are tons of plenty of terrible 44 point abiltiies in the game. And there's some really bad 51 point abilities. And Eradicate certainly isn't the only thing you get for that investment.
    "The only constant in all your failed warfronts is you."
    Malorn, Cleric of The Enclave

Make eradicate remove hots only.
    Lower MM damage (think VK 40pt+)
    Give them a minor mana drain ability.

Then they can continue to hide behind the farce that they were made to counter 1 soul of 1 class, instead of shutting down other classes a lot more than the one they claim to be a counter against.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Make eradicate remove hots only.
    Lower MM damage (think VK 40pt+)
    Give them a minor mana drain ability.

Then they can continue to hide behind the farce that they were made to counter 1 soul of 1 class, instead of shutting down other classes a lot more than the one they claim to be a counter against.
    Those would knee jerk MM changes in 1.3. Why nerf MM PVE just to do the imaginary "balance" that PVPers so seek.
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Essala View Post
    Those would knee jerk MM changes in 1.3. Why nerf MM PVE just to do the imaginary "balance" that PVPers so seek.
    Not every soul for every class is PvE viable, MM would be one of those souls.

And since MMs feels that the were put in game to counter wardens, when they counter everyone else a lot more + get rid of my very very expensive consumables (:/) allow them to do so.

Hell even slap on a 30% healing reductions (30% because no class with the highest ranged should have the same strength debuffs as someone who has to be up and close to the target. Same goes for the mp drain ability).
    Boom. You have your Rogue VK..i mean, your "counter" to OP wardens (what a concept)

But of course MMs would never want to REALLY counter warden as they claim.
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-10-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Not every soul for every class is PvE viable, MM would be one of those souls.

And since MMs feels that the were put in game to counter wardens, when they counter everyone else a lot more + get rid of my very very expensive consumables (:/) allow them to do so.

Hell even slap on a 30% healing reductions (30% because no class with the highest ranged should have the same strength debuffs as someone who has to be up and close to the target. Same goes for the mp drain ability).
    Boom. You have your Rogue VK..i mean, your "counter" to OP wardens (what a concept)
    VK is a tank. MM is DPS.

Also, MM is a main PVE spec for most Rogues. Better then Sin and Sab.
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast