+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard and Tanking T2 question

Default Bard and Tanking T2 question

so my gear is a mix of t2's and t3's and i still find reasons to do t2's sometimes with a guild group sometimes pugging it. I was wondering if anyone had made a good tanking build to hold many mobs to make running through t2's much faster. and i've also heard of bards solo healing t2's and was wondering what kind of spec to run in attempting that.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Ascendant

Bard solo healing depends largely on your group. With a well-geared crew that avoids all the avoidable damage it's quite doable, but if your tank is undergeared or the DPS are bad and take too long to kill things you may run into trouble.

Most solo-bard runs are done with a Deadly Dance spec to buff up Coda of Resto. Idea is that you run in with Riff->Deadly Dance, then alternate between Resto and Deadly Dance using Cadence to build to full each time. Combined with SHoE, Crystal Vine, and Frozen Deep One Tear, you've got very good HPS, though you sacrifice some of your utility (no Joy, etc.)

ShoE?

10 chars

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
    ShoE?

10 chars
    I believe it's this.

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/B59FDA82...eirloom-of-Eth

ok, so i got the basic concept of what i need to do to solo heal as a rogue, what about an aoe tanking spec for rogue so i can speed up fast run throughs?

Ascendant

There really isn't a specific "AoE tanking" spec for Riftstalkers. 51 points in Riftstalker and the rest in Bladedancer until you pick up Twin Strike. We don't have a whole lot of options, but honestly I've never had any problems with AoE just using Blitz and Disturbance. Just make sure that you hit all the mobs with both attacks at the start and you're golden.

Typically I do this by porting in with Blitz->Disturbance, then getting 3-point Rift Guard and Guarded Steel up before hitting Disturbance again. Important to make sure GS is up before the second Disturbance, that 40% threat makes a huge difference. If possible, try to have GS up even before the initial pull.

If the pull is particularly spread out, Planar Attraction comes in handy. ShadowAssault->Planar Attraction->Blitz->Disturbance will glue mobs to you pretty good, PA pulls them directly in front of you which makes up for the range on your AoE abilities.

In this respect, going faster is actually beneficial, because you'll go into pulls with your defensive buffs already up -- GS among them meaning your threat output is at maximum.

Once you have the mobs, just prioritize using Disturbance immediately when the cooldown is up. Unless your DPS massively outgears you, you'll hold threat fine.

+ Reply to Thread