+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sab Specs and Cap Dps

Default Sab Specs and Cap Dps

I been reading up all day havent find a Sab Guide seen a few for BD. If someone can show me or point me to the direction. I havent found any thread on Cap`s either i been tanking and decided to switch Dps since im going to start raiding and a tank is not needed pls help thank u.
    Last edited by Cuco; 06-09-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    BIG BAD WOLF

I roll this, though many currently run BD as a secondary spec, due to a bug.

Either way, Spike Charge and Shrapnel Charge are where your damage is at, Blast is kinda pointless unless you should not be aoe'ing, like at the boss that splits into pieces in the Death RR.
    Last edited by Lorx; 06-09-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Cake.
    Epic Gendo

keep in mind, there is not much difference in dps between shrap and blast, only reason shrap is better is to help on aoe. But on fights where aoe is strictly not needed due to kill order, blast is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    keep in mind, there is not much difference in dps between shrap and blast, only reason shrap is better is to help on aoe. But on fights where aoe is strictly not needed due to kill order, blast is the best.
    ...wat?
    as long as you let the dot run its course, shrap does better than blast single target

Rift Chaser

NO NO NO.

If you are specd so that you get the bleed from shrapnel it is quite a bit better than blast as long as it has time to tick. If a mob is almost dead you are better off spamming blast though because spike and shrapnel wont have time to tick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cuco View Post
    I been reading up all day havent find a Sab Guide seen a few for BD. If someone can show me or point me to the direction. I havent found any thread on Cap`s either i been tanking and decided to switch Dps since im going to start raiding and a tank is not needed pls help thank u.
    check out the saboteur guide at riftjunkies.com

Rift Disciple

You should probably stop posting.
    Rage of Dragons (Dayblind - PvP)
    Formerly Leaf/Faze on Reclaimer.
    Leafe - 50 Rogue
    Phraze - 50 Cleric

Also keep in mind shrapnel blast gains double contribution from attack power because the dot acts like a separate skill altogether. So in a raid setting with high end stats, shrapnel out-performs blast charge substantially. Improved spike charge also gains similar effects.

For pvp I really like 51 sab 15 infil. Don't know much about pve.

Soulwalker

Hm, i've read the Sabguide at riftjunkies and i dont understand why they spec "Poison Potency" for the ranged build. Afaik the weapon poisons apply on melee attacks only. I've tested it several times and didn't see any weapon poison debuffs on enemy. So whats the point in this?

Quote Originally Posted by captaincoke View Post
    Hm, i've read the Sabguide at riftjunkies and i dont understand why they spec "Poison Potency" for the ranged build. Afaik the weapon poisons apply on melee attacks only. I've tested it several times and didn't see any weapon poison debuffs on enemy. So whats the point in this?
    The point is that it improves charge-damage.
    Constable Vond - 50 Rogue | Officer of <Precision>
    Progress: GSB 5/5 | RoS 5/5 | GP 4/4

Other toons:
    Saga - 50 Cleric
    Peste - 50 Mage

I'm going to set myself up to be raged at here, and post a link to a guide I made on Sabs.

Link

Should explain any answers to questions like the one you just asked. This is all based off self research with a couple guildmates, so if you know better than me, I'd love to see what you know and improve myself. I play Sab exclusively, and always looking to be better.

For PvP, 51SAB 15INF 0RS works best imo, spec'ing through the defensive side of INF. I don't PvP much though, so that's mostly just theorycraft.
    Epic Gendo

Quote Originally Posted by Lorx View Post
    I'm going to set myself up to be raged at here, and post a link to a guide I made on Sabs.
    Link
    Should explain any answers to questions like the one you just asked. This is all based off self research with a couple guildmates, so if you know better than me, I'd love to see what you know and improve myself. I play Sab exclusively, and always looking to be better.
    For PvP, 51SAB 15INF 0RS works best imo, spec'ing through the defensive side of INF. I don't PvP much though, so that's mostly just theorycraft.
    cool little guide there, i needed the crim macro thanks. but whats your experience with the ranged sab?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    cool little guide there, i needed the crim macro thanks. but whats your experience with the ranged sab?
    Not too much, has a lot of the same principles though. I could drum up a build if you really wanted, it'd probably be 44sab plus like 15-18NB and the rest in Ranger.
    Epic Gendo

All the charges are coded as poison so poison potency increases their damage.
    Stalking them rifts, the rogue's way !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast