+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much do things change?

Default How much do things change?

Hey guys, I've been reading the class forums for a long time but don't really post often, so Hi! So I am a level 46 rogue running my own sin / bd / nb build. Almost every time I look at this forum, there's a new post about clerics and mages being OP, or just about rogues being nerfed in general. I have to say I don't see this that much. Granted, I know I am not in the 50 bracket, but in the 40-49 I seem to have no trouble dropping most classes 1 v 1. In fact, I think i have more trouble with warriors than clerics, and mages are almost always no sweat.

If it helps, my general strategy is to open with jagged strike, foul play, use puncture, and use deadly strike (with deadly dance) at 4 combo points. Then repeat puncture, poison attenuation, backstab and savage strike twice and deadly strike again. If they get out of range, I have sprint, and fiery spikes from NB. If theres too any on me, i have slip away, sprint and side step.

It takes a while to kill clerics if theyre healing themselves, but after a couple rotations and a slip away if needed, it usually happens. How much does this change at 50? I don't consider myself an exceptional player, I'm still relatively new compared to most people on the forum, so whats the deal? What can I expect at 50 and what should i change to my strategy to compensate? I fail to see how rogues are so weak.

Thanks for your time / responses =]

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arkeden View Post
    Hey guys, I've been reading the class forums for a long time but don't really post often, so Hi! So I am a level 46 rogue running my own sin / bd / nb build. Almost every time I look at this forum, there's a new post about clerics and mages being OP, or just about rogues being nerfed in general. I have to say I don't see this that much. Granted, I know I am not in the 50 bracket, but in the 40-49 I seem to have no trouble dropping most classes 1 v 1. In fact, I think i have more trouble with warriors than clerics, and mages are almost always no sweat.

If it helps, my general strategy is to open with jagged strike, foul play, use puncture, and use deadly strike (with deadly dance) at 4 combo points. Then repeat puncture, poison attenuation, backstab and savage strike twice and deadly strike again. If they get out of range, I have sprint, and fiery spikes from NB. If theres too any on me, i have slip away, sprint and side step.

It takes a while to kill clerics if theyre healing themselves, but after a couple rotations and a slip away if needed, it usually happens. How much does this change at 50? I don't consider myself an exceptional player, I'm still relatively new compared to most people on the forum, so whats the deal? What can I expect at 50 and what should i change to my strategy to compensate? I fail to see how rogues are so weak.

Thanks for your time / responses =]
    The short answer is: it depends.

You will see a big difference in your ability to take down r1 clerics compared to r6.

You will also see more teamwork in the 50s bracket. This means more cross-healing clerics and quicker peels.

+ Reply to Thread