Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: +Hit On Gear?

Default +Hit On Gear?

I have just two simple questions. I have been trying to find a solid answer to this for some time so I am just going to post it to see if anyone knows the answer.

I am equipping 3 pieces of pve gear / weapon which provide +hit, head slot, neck slot, and bow. Otherwise I have all the +hit runes I could find. With most of my pve builds I have 151 hit or so, which is fine for most pve. But with my favorite pvp build (due to the lack of +hit soul points), I only have 99 to hit.

The issue (if it is an issue) is that I would like to upgrade my gear, as I will be closing in on Rank 3 soon, with the upgraded Rank 3+ pvp gear, but this gear offers no +hit at all, which means I will loose even the 99 hit I do have when running WFs. So my questions are these:

1. Can anyone honestly tell me what the hit cap is for pvp (if there is one - if not there is no issue here at all) ?

2. And if the hit cap is let's say 100 hit, how then am I able to upgrade my gear with pvp upgrades if there is no +hit on the gear, when I have already enchanted all the slots I could with +hit?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Valdoron; 06-09-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Sez

You don't NEED hit for PvP, but it does help against dodge and parry. With that said, most people won't have more than 20% So having a +20% hit chance will do a lot.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Hit = Pve

even if you had over 9000 Hit, if the guy has dodge talents, you'll still miss time to time.

Hit has 0 value in pvp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TenkenFlux View Post
    Hit = Pve

even if you had over 9000 Hit, if the guy has dodge talents, you'll still miss time to time.

Hit has 0 value in pvp.
    there are talents, like in the bard tree, which state "lowers enemy chance to hit you".

can hit rating on gear help negate those talents, its not a dodge or parry.

Also, I was pvping for a couple nights with 1 hit rating (0, but it says 1 still) and I saw quite a few "Miss" on targets that were not using "all attacks miss for X second" cooldowns.

Rift Disciple

ok well it may not have "0" value, but the hit value is very minimal. Just by using T2 weapons or T1 even, you'll have the hit you need to hit your targets.

Plane Touched

Dev did clarified that Hit is a universal stat, working in both pvp and pve. If you ever use Side Step of Blade Dancer before 50 and after 50 in WF,you will see the big difference. Before 50, you can dodge alot (70% physical hits from rogues/warriors) . Then at 50, it does not work as well as before (You might not be able to dodge a single hit from a rogue/warrior with 200+ Hit).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SlientShadow View Post
    Dev did clarified that Hit is a universal stat, working in both pvp and pve. If you ever use Side Step of Blade Dancer before 50 and after 50 in WF,you will see the big difference. Before 50, you can dodge alot (70% physical hits from rogues/warriors) . Then at 50, it does not work as well as before (You might not be able to dodge a single hit from a rogue/warrior with 200+ Hit).
    shouldnt be in pvp with 200+ hit, if you have that much it means you arent using full valor gear. Rather survive hits from 10 - 20 people than hit 1 person more.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TenkenFlux View Post
    ok well it may not have "0" value, but the hit value is very minimal. Just by using T2 weapons or T1 even, you'll have the hit you need to hit your targets.
    i feel like you are guessing. does anyone know what the actual mechanics are for the combat table? is it a 1-roll or 2-roll system? does hit rating only help with the "miss" portion of the combat table or does it also help with the dodge and parry?

Yeah, I would love to know this. I mean all great replies guys, but I have yet to receive a definitive answer on this, only the typical replies where folks have strong opinions on it (like whether it should even be included as a stat that affects pvp or should +hit stay in the pve arena, etc) or it's people just guessing. I am not interested, by the way, in starting a pvp vs. pve stat argument, that is totally not what I am after. I don't care about opinions, I just somehow need to know how it actually works as of right now.

How does +hit actually effect pvp and is there a cap or a reasonable range for pvp? And if so, how would one be able to stay within that range (or at that cap) without loosing it while still upgrading with the pvp gear?

These are the questions at hand.

Personally, I am hoping that +hit does not actually affect pvp at all. That would be just fine with me.
    Last edited by Valdoron; 06-09-2011 at 12:30 PM.

This isn't a bump, it's just another reminder to see if anyone has any info on this?

DB1

Default ummm

Its obvious don't really need testing ect... If you look at pve based on raids/instances you need Hit/Focus/Toughness because these affect the pve boss/mobs so the pve gear is going to be rared towards those stats. Now look at the PvP gear the only stat added(needed) is Valor because Valor affects PvP only. based on this alone its easy to tell trion is saying you don't mix the 2. You basically going to have to suck it up and build 2 different sets one for Pve and one for PvP. Thats why you get plaques for Pve gear and tokens for PvP...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    Its obvious don't really need testing ect... If you look at pve based on raids/instances you need Hit/Focus/Toughness because these affect the pve boss/mobs so the pve gear is going to be rared towards those stats. Now look at the PvP gear the only stat added(needed) is Valor because Valor affects PvP only. based on this alone its easy to tell trion is saying you don't mix the 2. You basically going to have to suck it up and build 2 different sets one for Pve and one for PvP. Thats why you get plaques for Pve gear and tokens for PvP...
    does anyone have any information on how the combat table works in rift? anyone know if there is a base chance to have attacks from same-level players/mobs miss?

for example in wow, there is a base chance to have 5% of attacks miss. this caused a hit cap of 5% in pvp. hit rating also did not effect the players chance to dodge/parry attacks, once "miss" was taken off the combat table from hit chance, more hit was a waste.

how does any of this work in rift?

why are so many people willing to just make a guess and state that guess as the way it works?

@DB1: Ok I know all of this information and this does nothing to answer my questions. Go back and read the entire thread its not that long. I know the difference between pve and pvp stats. I was asking if anyone knows truly whether hit affects pvp and if so whats a decent range to have, whether it is included as a stat on the pvp gear or not. Can you answer this? because you did not in your last post. You gave me a bunch of irrelevant information is all. That means your guessing.

As a test, I switched to a build where i only had 70 to hit and I actually noticed myself missing a few times where as with my 151 hit build (with +hit on gear) I did not notice this. I'm not saying this proves that hit affects pvp, but I would sure like to know for sure. As do many others. But no one seems to know for sure and if they sound like they know for sure, they don't give any tests or proof of their statements. To say that "its obvious it doesn't affect pvp because its not included in the pvp gear stats" well... that's still an assumption unless someone can prove otherwise.
    Last edited by Valdoron; 06-10-2011 at 11:17 AM.

... you posted this exact same thread in the pvp forums so ill reply with the same answer

100 hit is thought to be the "hit cap" for pvp since the hard cap on dodge/parry is 20% (respectively) without cd's.

100 hit = 20% chance to hit so it negates those stats.
    Last edited by Hansenight; 06-10-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    "You're not alone. We are each other's accomplice. If you are a Witch, then perhaps I should be a Demon."
    < > - Hansenightly lv50 Warrior: Dayblind (Original) -Guardian
    Aurgaritrix lv35 Rogue: Deepstrike - Defiant (Quit after 1st Sab nerf)

Quote Originally Posted by Hansenight View Post
    ... you posted this exact same thread in the pvp forums so ill reply with the same answer

100 hit is thought to be the "hit cap" for pvp since the hard cap on dodge/parry is 20% (respectively) without cd's.

100 hit = 20% chance to hit so it negates those stats.
    lol key word here folks... "thought" to be. lol

But hey, i can live with this for now I suppose until I can get a more definitive answer.

Btw.. i had posted it here before posting in the other forum, then later realized its more of a general pvp topic. sorry.
    Last edited by Valdoron; 06-10-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast