+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smoldering Blades needs reworking.

Default Smoldering Blades needs reworking.

Currently the 20% chance to proc is far too low, I notice on the dummy that more often than not, the duration of the dot runs out before another stack is applied.

Also, currently when you hit 5 stacks, it needs to proc one more time to do the big bang part.

If the Duration was increased, to allow it to reach 5 stacks, and if it actually procced the big bang damage on the 5th proc instead of 6th, it would be worth using.

The big part of damage does pretty respectable damage. mine hits for 360.

But that happens once in a blue moon.

Sword of Telara

i noticed this as well, while a 50% chance of a 20% chance with melted blades has no issue staying up almost 100% of the time at 10 seconds. i think the proc rate is lower than it should be, or it isnt correctly proccing off auto attacks or skills or something.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Currently the 20% chance to proc is far too low, I notice on the dummy that more often than not, the duration of the dot runs out before another stack is applied.

Also, currently when you hit 5 stacks, it needs to proc one more time to do the big bang part.

If the Duration was increased, to allow it to reach 5 stacks, and if it actually procced the big bang damage on the 5th proc instead of 6th, it would be worth using.

The big part of damage does pretty respectable damage. mine hits for 360.

But that happens once in a blue moon.
    Couldn't agree more. Its even more useless with ranged classes since by the time you get your next stack the dot would of worn off.

It's duration needs to be longer, id rather it do an increasing debuff than a low hitting dot ability which - when and if its proc rate gets increased it will never do its fully intended damage.
    Last edited by iMohr; 06-09-2011 at 11:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread