+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Absolute best initial burst/cc melee build to kill casters/healers??

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default Absolute best initial burst/cc melee build to kill casters/healers??

    I have just recently started getting serious into PvP, and I'm "trying" to play the role of the stealthy bastard who sneaks behind enemy lines and takes out the high profile target to turn the tide of battle. So far I'm mostly sucking.

    I've tried quite a few variations of builds at this point. I'm just getting into a heavy NB build now after trying tons of sin/bd combos with varying results.

    I'm a former DAoC player, and still have visions of grandeur being that rogue who kills the healer or crazy damage dealer like I was often able to do in that game.

    Granted, I am very low rank, not even 3 yet, my gear is meh ..mixture of PvP and tier2 with weapons being the best AH (the axe and eviscerator) can offer a Guardian.

    Any thoughts on builds and or tactics for this play style is much appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I have had better chance as nb 44 when i can open and ebon fury is up. But still highly geared clerics are too tough.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    first i suggest you run some t2s until you get a 29dps dagger or buy the abyssal hatchet, this is most important for your burst. at least your mainhand needs to be 29dps to stand a chance. then i personally enjoy the 33sin/33nb/0rng build. enough burst and cooldowns to kill high profile targets (if 1 v 1) before you die, then you have slip away to get away afterwards.

    clerics are hard, but you have fellblades and in a group situation it may be enough.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  4. #4
    Rift Master Yoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    669

    Default

    you also want exquisite whetstones 24/7. i suggest to make a weaponsmith to be able to craft them on your own.

  5. #5
    Ven
    Ven is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I finally switched to 51 Sin/15 Inf/0 Rgr

    for the reasons you mentioned. But P4 required. Loving it.

    I'm a "Kamikazee". Pick a key target and go in for high damage knowing I'm gonna die (mostly because killing a healer requires me to blow x2 Assassinate i.e. use slip away for the 2nd Assassinate -- hopefully with better gear I won't have to do that I'm using P4 daggers). Pop Anethma before your final burst makes for a dead healer ... unless they have many healers and sadly they usually do so there's 5 or 6 hots ticking.. /sigh. But it still gets the job done because it takes one or two healers out of the fight for a while.

    It's the only build I've found that has the potential to kill a healer when I'm at P4.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Original_Hellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In your mom's bed
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    51sin/15 Inf/0 MM for the speed boost to catch up and finish with final blow (does WAY more than the rng finish) if they run.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    51sin/15 Inf/0 MM for the speed boost to catch up and finish with final blow (does WAY more than the rng finish) if they run.
    i only like to do 0mm if I'm using bd for deadly dance, otherwise finishing with head shot is a good option for the runners

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    You need some better gear; but the absolute best for doing what you're looking to do besides the 33/33 sin nb combo is

    51 Sin/ 15 BD/ 0 infil

    Clerics:

    Assassinate
    Foul play
    puncture
    deadly strike
    serpent strike/backstab (same second because serpent is off gcd)
    Slip away
    Assassinate
    Final blow

    Foul play ends as you do the final blow.

    With a serp crit and backstab crit and two assassinate crits, it is almost unstoppable unless the cleric had multiple hits on him or is in full p5-p6 gear.

    Your serp/backstab and 2nd assassinate use up the 3 charges of deadly dance.

    If they all crit, just about any target goes down.

    Any other class short of the cleric and not in p5-p6 gear also crumbles to the combo. Most crumble without even needing to slip away, therefore allowing you to constantly pick off straggers.

    From BD you will get sprint as well to both run away, as well as chase.

    0 infil allows for break free.

    You're going to want to be near fully t2 geared to pull this off. Works even better popping words of war after FP.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    You need some better gear; but the absolute best for doing what you're looking to do besides the 33/33 sin nb combo is

    51 Sin/ 15 BD/ 0 infil

    Clerics:

    Assassinate
    Foul play
    puncture
    deadly strike
    serpent strike/backstab (same second because serpent is off gcd)
    Slip away
    Assassinate
    Final blow

    Foul play ends as you do the final blow.

    With a serp crit and backstab crit and two assassinate crits, it is almost unstoppable unless the cleric had multiple hits on him or is in full p5-p6 gear.

    Your serp/backstab and 2nd assassinate use up the 3 charges of deadly dance.

    If they all crit, just about any target goes down.

    Any other class short of the cleric and not in p5-p6 gear also crumbles to the combo. Most crumble without even needing to slip away, therefore allowing you to constantly pick off straggers.

    From BD you will get sprint as well to both run away, as well as chase.

    0 infil allows for break free.

    You're going to want to be near fully t2 geared to pull this off. Works even better popping words of war after FP.
    its kinda sad that doing this doesn't result in a kill everytime against anyone considering you are dead freaking meat before or just after the list is finished.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    its kinda sad that doing this doesn't result in a kill everytime against anyone considering you are dead freaking meat before or just after the list is finished.
    Not exactly true. You have sprint from BD still up, sidesteps still up, break free still up, poison gas and blinding powder still up.

    You can normally get away using a combination of those. The slip away for the extra assassinate + final blow should only really be used to 100% nuke a cleric down. No other reason to go that balls to the wall on another class.

    But I kind of agree. Most other classes when popping all their CDs can either secure a kill or massively "oh shi* heal".

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Not exactly true. You have sprint from BD still up, sidesteps still up, break free still up, poison gas and blinding powder still up.

    You can normally get away using a combination of those. The slip away for the extra assassinate + final blow should only really be used to 100% nuke a cleric down. No other reason to go that balls to the wall on another class.

    But I kind of agree. Most other classes when popping all their CDs can either secure a kill or massively "oh shi* heal".
    but you are only fully getting through that rotation without getting cc'd against a PUG. and a bad pug at that if you are hitting a healer.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Pixel Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    22/understanding of class

    22/knowledge of skills

    22/practice
    who took my names!

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    but you are only fully getting through that rotation without getting cc'd against a PUG. and a bad pug at that if you are hitting a healer.
    You have to compare the same type of scenario. Pre-made vs. Pre-made, or pug vs. Pug. Comparing it any other way it won't work.

    If you have two premades, chances are a healer will be healing this healer, and you're better off going for the dps.

    Pug vs. Pug.... You stand a good chance of getting the combo off. Total time ~ 5 seconds. Not a ton of time, and if anyone else is harassing some other dps, etc. you've forced this cleric to pop oh shi* heals on himself and or focus his full attention to healing himself else he will die. That should free up some time for your random pug members to put some hurt on some other guys at the very least.

    Works best with a focus fire to drop someone.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts