+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rework anathema into this.

dmv

Default Rework anathema into this.

Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Plane Touched

do want *drools*

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I kinda like it as-is. You can pop it on a cleric and it helps anyone on your team that is attacking a target he's healing.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 06-09-2011 at 04:53 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I kinda like it as-is. You can pop it on a cleric and it helps anyone on your team that is attacking a target he's healing.
    I don't understand why so many of the rogue players on these forums have this attitude. Almost everything a rogue can do another class can do better, yet whenever someone suggests improving one of our abilities so that it is on par with another class's equivalent, there is always a flood of posts saying "rogues are fine, learn to play."

Rogues, why don't you want rogue buffs?

dmv

You'd be surprised to know, it does not affect heals that are already on the target, so you can drop anathema on the cleric, but his hits will heal him for the same amount.

As is, it's terrible and anyone who says differently does not know what it does.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rooth View Post
    I don't understand why so many of the rogue players on these forums have this attitude. Almost everything a rogue can do another class can do better, yet whenever someone suggests improving one of our abilities so that it is on par with another class's equivalent, there is always a flood of posts saying "rogues are fine, learn to play."

Because buffs come at a cost. You can't have the best abilities in everything for the game. If they buff rogues in 1 area, then you are going to end up getting nerfed in another area for balance.

Anathema sucks in terms of healing debuffs. It only works on healers, and it only reduces their healing done, but you can get use to it and work it in for things. Just think of it as a way to reduce the next heal and use it in that manner, rather than an apply debuff. You'll still get the 40,30,20 values as well, but in using it as a 1 time deal, you'll have better success with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooth View Post

Do I think Anathema sucks? Sure.

Am I glad to have it? Yes.

Do I think Rogues are crippled with it, as-is? No.

Would I like to see it buffed? Sure.

Are there other things I would prefer to see fixed (not buffed) first? Absolutely.

Prophet of Telara

I'd be happy if it even just did 50% for the full duration...

Sure, you can have Blight, as soon as you're forced to spend 38 points in a tree that has zero killing potential and can be purged into laughable effectiveness.

Give it to Bards or Riftstalkers at 38 points.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-09-2011 at 07:36 AM.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    You'd be surprised to know, it does not affect heals that are already on the target, so you can drop anathema on the cleric, but his hits will heal him for the same amount.

As is, it's terrible and anyone who says differently does not know what it does.
    Instead of complaining about what it does and insisting it be changed, try using it as effectively as possible in its current state. It's good.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    Because buffs come at a cost. You can't have the best abilities in everything for the game. If they buff rogues in 1 area, then you are going to end up getting nerfed in another area for balance.

Anathema sucks in terms of healing debuffs. It only works on healers, and it only reduces their healing done, but you can get use to it and work it in for things. Just think of it as a way to reduce the next heal and use it in that manner, rather than an apply debuff. You'll still get the 40,30,20 values as well, but in using it as a 1 time deal, you'll have better success with it.
    With a rolling cleanse, and a spammed dot, anathema comes off quite quickly. Remember, the same dot spammed whilst jumping would look like this, 50% for 1 tick, 40% for the nxt, 30% for the next. As for healing debuffs, it's awful. The main complaint for the rogue class is that fell blades is the only reliable healing debuff. This is a soul designed for pvp, and it needs to be reworked to be decent in pvp.

dmv

Instead of complaining about what it does and insisting it be changed, try using it as effectively as possible in its current state. It's good.
    It's terrible. Plain and simple, you pop it on a R6 cleric before a stun, and their heals are healing for 100% of their value. You've wasted a gcd, afterwards they can pop whatever survivability cooldowns to out last it(which isn't long).

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post
    Do I think Anathema sucks? Sure.

Am I glad to have it? Yes.

Do I think Rogues are crippled with it, as-is? No.

Would I like to see it buffed? Sure.

Are there other things I would prefer to see fixed (not buffed) first? Absolutely.
    The pvp soul is lacking, anything past 15 points isn't worth taking. And the 15 point skill itself is garbage. It's the enduring brew of the infiltrator soul.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Sure, you can have Blight, as soon as you're forced to spend 38 points in a tree that has zero killing potential and can be purged into laughable effectiveness.

Give it to Bards or Riftstalkers at 38 points.
    Sure, but let's normalize the infiltrator and archmage pvp souls? That sound good? Because I get 10% crit damage for 5 points. And you get 30% for 3. You get 15% damage as your T1 skill, I get 10% armor penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    Sure, but let's normalize the infiltrator and archmage pvp souls? That sound good? Because I get 10% crit damage for 5 points. And you get 30% for 3. You get 15% damage as your T1 skill, I get 10% armor penetration.
    I'd definitely advocate making all the PvP souls attractive enough to feel mandatory in PvP. You'd get zero argument from me in that regard. My Mage isn't my only toon. I'd love a reason to use Vindicator.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast