+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What soul if you had a pocket healer friend?

Rift Disciple

Default What soul if you had a pocket healer friend?

What soul combination is best if you had a pocket healer friend?

BD/RS/Ranger is great but very healer dependent. I would say pretty much any high damage spec, there are some really healer dependent ones though like the one I listed.

Rift Disciple

what do you think about 51 sabo, 51 nb or mm or ranger.
    i would like to take out enemy healer before they take down my healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticratboy View Post
    what do you think about 51 sabo, 51 nb or mm or ranger.
    i would like to take out enemy healer before they take down my healer.
    i laugh at 51pt abilities

imo if you have a pocket healer nothing and i mean nothing will beat 44sab/20sin/2rng, and yes the pve version for max dps, because you have 100% mobility, half duration for cc effects and extremely high aoe dps while at 30m range. throw in a pocket healer and no one will be able to stop you. works a lot better if you run a premade with 1-2 other rogues running same spec too, timing detonate will kill an R6 warden in 1 shot.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Im having second thought on leveling a cleric or mage.

Hoko how does sabo compare to cabalist, stormcaller, ele?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticratboy View Post
    Im having second thought on leveling a cleric or mage.

Hoko how does sabo compare to cabalist, stormcaller, ele?
    with cooldowns stormcaller is the best... but sabo is the same no matter what. of course in pvp cooldowns are king so stormcaller has an advantage, but cabalist isnt as good as either of the other two.

but sabo has aoe silence and if you time it right with a stormcaller? well you just decimated the opposing team . so instead of wondering which is better, find a friend and have both!!!
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i laugh at 51pt abilities

imo if you have a pocket healer nothing and i mean nothing will beat 44sab/20sin/2rng, and yes the pve version for max dps, because you have 100% mobility, half duration for cc effects and extremely high aoe dps while at 30m range. throw in a pocket healer and no one will be able to stop you. works a lot better if you run a premade with 1-2 other rogues running same spec too, timing detonate will kill an R6 warden in 1 shot.
    If you're laughing at 51 point abilities then sadly you're laughing at the best rogue specs available. I have yet to see any builds better then ones using serpent strike, mm pedestal, rapid setup or living flame. Trust me I want to play a non 51 spec but when the going gets tough, be sure I always resort back to 51 specs because non 51 specs are just not the ideal specs. Unless you can prove me wrong.
    Last edited by inaliz; 06-09-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Telaran

I would go 51 BD and 15 Sab

Why you ask?

Blade and Soul my friend! - 50% Crit Chance buff for 21 seconds

Deadly Dance - It affects Charges

Blast Charge - Ignores 50% of your enemy's armour

Dex - 30% more

Charges will do 120% more damage when combined with Deadly Dance | 150% with Blade Tempo

and 190% when they crit with Deadly Dance | 210% with Blade Tempo

Nerf me, Nerf me now!
    Last edited by iMohr; 06-09-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    If you're laughing at 51 point abilities then sadly you're laughing at the best rogue specs available. I have yet to see any builds better then ones using serpent strike, mm pedestal, rapid setup or living flame. Trust me I want to play a non 51 spec but when the going gets tough, be sure I always resort back to 51 specs because non 51 specs are just not the ideal specs. Unless you can prove me wrong.
    Are you referring to burst or utility? Those are two different topics. I agree that for burst, the 51 sin, or 51mm does great. Utility for a 51 nb is pretty damn good too.

But lately I can't stop playing my 3x bd / 3x sin (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dz.0ARbtoboddR) because of the crit scaling and utilities with deadly strike/dance. Call me silly but in PvP having a disarm, a stun, a few swings not on GCD, a charge, a start over button (slip away), poisons, dex buff, crit damage increases and crit % increases is fantastic. Sure you can the crit and burst with the 51 sin, but I prefer to live after I'm out of stealth with a side step annihilation.

When I'm higher rank I'll have to decide between this spec and using inf but for now it's fun.
    Last edited by Morbidar; 06-09-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by iMohr View Post
    I would go 51 BD and 15 Sab

Why you ask?

Blade and Soul my friend! - 50% Crit Chance buff for 21 seconds

Deadly Dance - It affects Charges

Blast Charge - Ignores 50% of your enemy's armour

Dex - 30% more

Charges will do 120% more damage when combined with Deadly Dance | 150% with Blade Tempo

and 190% when they crit with Deadly Dance | 210% with Blade Tempo

Nerf me, Nerf me now!

hmm where to begin on this obviously horrible build.

1. Requires melee range to be decent
    2. Relying on a 10 second buff where you have to do your charges in 5-6 seconds
    3. you have to build up 5 combo points use deadly dance THEN build ur 5 more combo points for "insane" damage
    4. what do you do when your CD's are used up?
    5. Awful build with no synergy. you will get more dps from sab/bd/NB

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    the problem with this statement is, pvp is about player skill, and the palyer can make a build work. ive never pvp'd as a 51pt spec and ive had amazing results. my 44mm/17sin/5rs build rocks in pvp (tho it's lame and dont like doing it), also my sab spec is 44sab, my melee pvp spec is 33sin/nb... could go on and on but never pvp'd as 51pt anything and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidar View Post
    Are you referring to burst or utility? Those are two different topics. I agree that for burst, the 51 sin, or 51mm does great. Utility for a 51 nb is pretty damn good too.

But lately I can't stop playing my 3x bd / 3x sin (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dz.0ARbtoboddR) because of the crit scaling and utilities with deadly strike/dance. Call me silly but in PvP having a disarm, a stun, a few swings not on GCD, a charge, a start over button (slip away), poisons, dex buff, crit damage increases and crit % increases is fantastic. Sure you can the crit and burst with the 51 sin, but I prefer to live after I'm out of stealth with a side step annihilation.

When I'm higher rank I'll have to decide between this spec and using inf but for now it's fun.
    No I agree some of those specs are great. Just saying 51 specs are definitely not laughable

Quote Originally Posted by whokilledken View Post

1. Requires melee range to be decent
    2. Relying on a 10 second buff where you have to do your charges in 5-6 seconds
    3. you have to build up 5 combo points use deadly dance THEN build ur 5 more combo points for "insane" damage
    4. what do you do when your CD's are used up?
    5. Awful build with no synergy. you will get more dps from sab/bd/NB
    Spec looks kind of interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    the problem with this statement is, pvp is about player skill, and the palyer can make a build work. ive never pvp'd as a 51pt spec and ive had amazing results. my 44mm/17sin/5rs build rocks in pvp (tho it's lame and dont like doing it), also my sab spec is 44sab, my melee pvp spec is 33sin/nb... could go on and on but never pvp'd as 51pt anything and never will.
    Honestly I don't believe there is any skill in hitting a button. I would say pvp is all about knowledge of what you're supposed to be doing, practice and group communication. Do you think you're elite or something for not using a 51 pt spec? Just saying that's what it comes off as. I have tested a ton of specs and none have been as good as some 51 pt specs. I suggest you try some 51 point specs, you will feel the increase in effectiveness immediately, trust me.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by whokilledken View Post

1. Requires melee range to be decent - Ofcourse aren't all the decent PvP classes in melee range? What game have you been playing?
    2. Relying on a 10 second buff where you have to do your charges in 5-6 seconds - 10 seconds? Deadly Dance is 15 seconds - Rhymic actions are 22 seconds!
    3. you have to build up 5 combo points use deadly dance THEN build ur 5 more combo points for "insane" damage - No you build 5 - Deadly Dance - +1 to detonate.
    4. what do you do when your CD's are used up? - you do the same rotation Charge x5 -> Deadly -> Charge x1 -> Det -> Charge x5 -> Det -> Repeat
    5. Awful build with no synergy. you will get more dps from sab/bd/NB - Its not a DPS build its a raw burst build bud.
    For starters, it was a joke.

Second of all its not that bad. It doesn't require you in melee range all the time, and besides you have a pocket healer - you can do whatever the f*** you like.

Lighten up bro
    Last edited by iMohr; 06-10-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by iMohr View Post
    For starters, it was a joke.

Second of all its not that bad. It doesn't require you in melee range all the time, and besides you have a pocket healer - you can do whatever the f*** you like.

Lighten up bro
    why would you use Deadly dance then 1 combo point? it wouldnt be enough damage to make it worth while

+ Reply to Thread