+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogues & Crit chance

Telaran

Default Rogues & Crit chance

Been searching around forums and having trouble finding definitve answers.

Has anyone reached a definate hard of soft cap for crit? Would like to know before i spend all my stones on the epic lesser essences. It seems there's people suggesting AP becomes more useful in the high end raiding? I'd just do 2 sigils but the prices are going way up in 1.3 apparently so i'd like to get it right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated......................

Sez

The number nerds say its 35% then stack AP. My single target spec is 43% so I must be a nub.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

I've seen threads that state both 55 and 60, and some that state there is no cap at all. Are there any end game raiders out there that have been watching their raids crit ratings?

Rift Chaser

There is no actual (hard) cap for crit, but after a point more crit will not give you as much of a DPS increase compared to AP.

As for the point (soft cap) where you are better off starting to stack AP, I have heard all kinds of numbers from 35-50% crit.
    Last edited by Noburu; 06-08-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

i've got 44% crit before raid buffs and i still pulled 1650 on plutonus without spotter's orders or a relic dagger (sabdancer spec), so stacking crit can't be that bad. (598ap)

i've seen nothing better than guesswork as to a soft or hard cap on crit, but i generally choose ap over crit in ratios ~1.5 to better, else i still stack crit. working for me

I break 56% crit chance with raid buffs and it translates to just that. You can never get "too much crit"

But I do say once you reach 45% crit chance SELF BUFFED ONLY then start looking for gear that will be a 1:1 AP for crit tradeoff.
    Last edited by Sozu; 06-09-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

A new spec I tested has 52% crit after you use teleport with rs and 1028 ap with codex trinket. 1348 ap with red buff :O. I have looked and found no caps on anything really would be nice info to have.

+ Reply to Thread