+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM PvP

Soulwalker

Default MM PvP

Need help with spec, and rotation. Thanks.

44 MM 22 Sin and pick em for your 0 pointer - I take RS for even more disgusting mobility, but break free (Inf) is often a better option if CC is getting you pinned down.

44 MM is obviously chosen for eradicate, so if you're afforded the opportunity you can sap a target and clean off their buffs before opening on them - it won't break your CC.

Drop the pedestal if time permits.

Open with barbed, swift X 4, rapid fire or hasted shot if on the move, which you'll likely want to be.

If you can stand and deliver, empowered shot, barbed, swift x 2, (bullseye) Deadeye Shot

The big benefit of MM is your Hit and Run, during which you can spam empowered to 5 CPs and Deadeye. If they're still standing because you chose your target poorly or they blew a major defensive CD, you can try again with Quick Reload (resets all of your CDs).

Strafe is useful for initiating contact with a target about to LoS you, or you're about to LoS them. It works like any other channeled ability and disregards terrain and distance. You'll also be at 100 energy and 5cps on the target, very handy.

This build offers you permanent hasted stealth (even faster with on the double, RS shadow shift), a ranged blind, and the handy Foul Play 4s stun - which I macro with repelling shot. Repelling will punt people out of your face or interrupt spell casts, and if it's on CD, well then a stun isn't a bad alternative.

Keep in mind you're no tank, and it's much better to be an alive and dangerous coward slinking away to the shadows or double timing back to your heals. If your guild has the bloodthirsty perk, spend the gold. I will often exceed 20 kills in a match, and that is a lot of free healing.

Plane Walker

Don't do 22 sin. Improved stealth is bad for MM. You shouldn't be hiding around, you should be fighting. It doesn't take more than 30 seconds to position yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Don't do 22 sin. Improved stealth is bad for MM. You shouldn't be hiding around, you should be fighting. It doesn't take more than 30 seconds to position yourself.

Hardly the point of 22 sin, but it's a nice perk for 1 point. And you'll want it for those stalemate Whitefalls while you're waiting for their 5 defenders with ADHD to leave their carrier alone / with minimal support.

Soulwalker

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I'll go 44MM/22Sin/0RS for now then. Could someone link me a talent calculator as well? I'm not sure where I should put the points.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...VP-1.2-Edition!

Just happened to be on the front page, take a look there for more discussion.

+ Reply to Thread