+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: [1.2] Monster Nightblade PVP

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default [1.2] Monster Nightblade PVP

    Posted up a PVP Nightblade guide on our guild forums with spec, macros, basic usage, as well as some of the most common counters to other specs. A video guide to compliment it is in progress. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any questions/suggestions. Also, make sure to check out the Raid DPS guide i have up there as well.

    http://www.tophatgents.com/forums/vi...816&gid=203634

    Cheers,
    Nem

  2. #2
    Soulwalker Reknaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thank you for the guide. I read it and picked up some good tips.
    Rekolas the Camp Backstabber

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reknaw View Post
    Thank you for the guide. I read it and picked up some good tips.
    Not a problem enjoy.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Couple of questions...

    Are you specing ranger just to have a ranged finisher or for additional dmg/mitigation...
    ei 5% crit, ~50Ap and -4% dmg... + ranged.

    I have found that Living Flame is great burst especially on a 1 minute timer... It would give you much more dmg than the added stats from 7pts in Ranger. Why not leave ranger at 0 and put 51 into NB?

    Also, if you are going with the 44 pt NB build... why not put 5 pts more into Inf for perma stealth and only 2 pts into ranger?

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Nightblade weapons are thrown, not ranged. Are you sure killing focus works with NB talents? Or does speccing ranger force the spells to calculate off of ranged damage like with the saboteur build?

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    nice guide. i will tweak the spec a bit to pick up permastealth from inf. because i still want to be able to stalk ;)

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nfrad View Post
    Couple of questions...

    Are you specing ranger just to have a ranged finisher or for additional dmg/mitigation...
    ei 5% crit, ~50Ap and -4% dmg... + ranged.

    I have found that Living Flame is great burst especially on a 1 minute timer... It would give you much more dmg than the added stats from 7pts in Ranger. Why not leave ranger at 0 and put 51 into NB?

    Also, if you are going with the 44 pt NB build... why not put 5 pts more into Inf for perma stealth and only 2 pts into ranger?
    Exactly, ranger for the AP, additional crit and ranged damage boost on top of a longer range finisher (Flame Thrust is more damage if you can get within range).


    Living flame is great but this spec is focused a bit more on single target damage rather than AoE. There are many variations of this spec that are also viable - including the perma stealth from inf as mentioned above. Ill update the guide to include some popular variations.

    Nightblade weapons are thrown, not ranged. Are you sure killing focus works with NB talents? Or does speccing ranger force the spells to calculate off of ranged damage like with the saboteur build?
    Sure does!

    nice guide. i will tweak the spec a bit to pick up permastealth from inf. because i still want to be able to stalk ;)
    Thanks! I sometimes play with permastealth as well.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Updated the finisher macro - was missing the last line with Head Shot.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Jabtangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisis7 View Post
    Sure does!
    You sure it does? The talent says "Increase damage with ranged weapons by 2/4%"

    NB skills are melee weapon required. They don't use bows/guns
    Last edited by Jabtangs; 06-08-2011 at 01:17 PM.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabtangs View Post
    You sure it does? The talent says "Increase damage with ranged weapons by 2/4%"

    NB skills are melee weapon required. They don't use bows/guns
    I tested it with grey bow/norm weapons then grey weapons/normal bow and the damage difference was considerable with the grey bow.

    Not specced into ranger the results were reversed. Obviously this isn't working as intended so be prepared for a patch.
    Last edited by Nemisis7; 06-08-2011 at 01:31 PM.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    No Dark Malady? Also, Twilight Shelter reduces your damage as well.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Jabtangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisis7 View Post
    I tested it with grey bow/norm weapons then grey weapons/normal bow and the damage difference was considerable with the grey bow.

    Not specced into ranger the results were reversed. Obviously this isn't working as intended so be prepared for a patch.
    that's very interesting....

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconigena III View Post
    No Dark Malady? Also, Twilight Shelter reduces your damage as well.
    You can use DM, I prefer to open with a CC most of the time. Twilight Shelter is in there.
    Last edited by Nemisis7; 06-08-2011 at 01:58 PM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisis7 View Post
    I tested it with grey bow/norm weapons then grey weapons/normal bow and the damage difference was considerable with the grey bow.

    Not specced into ranger the results were reversed. Obviously this isn't working as intended so be prepared for a patch.
    are all of the non physical abilities using ranged weapon dps to calculate damage, or just the ones that do not require melee range?

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    are all of the non physical abilities using ranged weapon dps to calculate damage, or just the ones that do not require melee range?
    It seems to be just the ranged abilities, Flame Thrust + Twilight Force, FS however ISNT calculated with ranged weapon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts