+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Rogue PvE - suggestions

Soulwalker

Default Melee Rogue PvE - suggestions

Hi,

just about to hit 50 and looking to do some T1 and T2 dungeons. Can anyone suggest a decent PvE melee build for rogues? Some ideas on rotations would be much appreciated, too.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Monty View Post
    Hi,

just about to hit 50 and looking to do some T1 and T2 dungeons. Can anyone suggest a decent PvE melee build for rogues? Some ideas on rotations would be much appreciated, too.

Cheers
    I would say that a bladedancer/assassin/nightblade combo would be the way to go. Something like this I would run - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0VMcx0b.V0xMh

Don't have the time to spend on macros and rotations but you generally will use bladedancer three hit combo builders and scale it with the assassin crit bonuses. Keep hellblades and the crit poison as your buffs.
    Last edited by Morbidar; 06-08-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Rift Master

The three main melee builds are Sabo/BD/SIN, Melee Ranger and BD/NB/SIN. There are other variations but those will find the most help with. Macros are in the guild for the Melee Ranger and BD/NB/SIN threads. The Melee Sabo doesn't need a macro. The rotation is pretty simple.

I personally love the Saboteur soul but I have to admit the BD/NB/SIN build is a lot of fun for me.

One last thing. The Sabo/BD/SIN build gives you access to 2 DEX buffs (passive) and 1 HIT buff (passive). So you need less gear to get into T1 & T2.
    Last edited by Konji; 06-08-2011 at 11:43 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Give the Bladedancer Tribrid a shot and check out my full write-up.

Champion of Telara

For Experts, you want AOE capability.

I would recommend the melee Sab build, 32 BD/as/nb, or melee Ranger. Blade Tempo'd Dancing Steel is quite good for epeening. Well, and AOE'ing down some trash packs, eh.

The melee Ranger BD spec can also pick up Trick Shot, which works reasonably well.

Definitely one of those three for optimal expert pew pew.

For totally maximized expert pew pew, use the melee Sab build so you can incriminate bad tanks.

+ Reply to Thread