+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Barrier and Rift Guard

Shadowlander

Default Rift Barrier and Rift Guard

Ok ok so i decided to try out Riftstalker and i was reading the tallent abilities And i came across Rift Guard and Rift Barrier i saw that Rift Barrier doesnt stack with Rift Guard If rift Guard has a 30 second CD then Rift Barrier is almost completely pointless to even bother putting talent point into Because it only has a 15 second CD and gets over Written with Rift Guard

What i would suggest is either lowering Rift Barriers Buff and make it stackable with Rift Barrier or just completely remove or change the talent Other wise its just a waist of 4 points

And yes i can see how you would just start the fight out with a phase shift and get the Rift Barrier buff and then rebuff your self with Rift Guard but that just makes the game laborious and annoying

Rift Disciple

actually the combination of the two is the only thing that keeps a rogue tank for dieing 1 second into a trash pull.

Since rift guard is a finisher requiring combo points, rift barrier gives you just enough time to get it into place before it wears off.
    Every so often words are spoken that alter the course of our lives....

Well..my money dont lag, my money dont are nerfed, my money dont are bug, now Trion equlibrate souls or give me my money back!

- Greegan

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    actually the combination of the two is the only thing that keeps a rogue tank for dieing 1 second into a trash pull.

Since rift guard is a finisher requiring combo points, rift barrier gives you just enough time to get it into place before it wears off.
    Ive tested it 15 % is not enough to make a HUGE difference for the 3 seconds it takes to get enough combo points to get the same exact buff from rift Guard

Side Steps + Rift Barrier = living tank.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Telaran

It is vital to a rogue's survival. It gives you the time you need to get positioned, grab initial threat, then overwrite it with an even better buff /or/ put up Guarded Steel and then put up Rift Guard.

At level 50 you will have a very nice health pool... 15% of damage for 60% of your health is huge. Especially since properly specced this also absorbs magical damage. You aren't looking at the big picture.

This should be moved to the Rogue Discussion, in the Class Forums.
    Last edited by Paschar; 06-08-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelzolnir View Post
    Ok ok so i decided to try out Riftstalker and i was reading the tallent abilities And i came across Rift Guard and Rift Barrier i saw that Rift Barrier doesnt stack with Rift Guard If rift Guard has a 30 second CD then Rift Barrier is almost completely pointless to even bother putting talent point into Because it only has a 15 second CD and gets over Written with Rift Guard

What i would suggest is either lowering Rift Barriers Buff and make it stackable with Rift Barrier or just completely remove or change the talent Other wise its just a waist of 4 points

And yes i can see how you would just start the fight out with a phase shift and get the Rift Barrier buff and then rebuff your self with Rift Guard but that just makes the game laborious and annoying
    And what level are you?

Where were you 'testing' this?

Go tank a raid boss, go in fresh meaning no sheilds at all. Do it without Riftbarrier. Come back when you're laying face down.
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

Of all challenges facing a rogue tank, this is not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    Of all challenges facing a rogue tank, this is not one.
    /signed on that.

WTB a touch more AoE to keep on par with the Protection Pal *coughs* I mean Warlord for dungeon crawls. KK thanks.
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelzolnir View Post

Basically what everyone else said on this. We need it for our opener or we are toast. We need to stall for time to get rift guard up.

PRO TIP: Take Ranger. Open with Scatter Shot. Get two combo points. Jump in phase for another.
    You'll have 3 combo points the moment you engage. 3 seconds more and you'll have rift guard up.

+ Reply to Thread