+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What now, level 40 to 50?

Question What now, level 40 to 50?

A Ranger, Marksman, Assassin Role has served me well up to level 40 for solo questing, warfronts, and dungeons. I still think it's a superior Role choice for dungeons.

But my Razorbeast that comes with Ranger can no longer hold aggro against my ranged attacks, so when questing I now inevitably end up in melee. In warfronts the Dire Wolf does eat buffs but that's all it's good for, I'm a target for every warrior with charge ability that sees me (and my stun and run then slow, from Assassin, is insufficient to keep them at range anymore) so I end up in melee and can't keep range. Healers and many ranged Callings suffer more damage, from me, if I melee them than if I do damage at range. Ranged just isn't working very well for me anymore, when questing and in warfronts.

It's obvious to me, since I can't keep at range anymore, that I need some Bard now, for questing and warfronts. Do I need specialized Roles from level 40 to 50, one for PvP and one for questing? Or can I get by with just one Role for them both? Bard and what else if I want to melee rather than rely on sneak attacks? Got any suggested builds to link?
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

About 3 minutes before I made this topic it pretty much got answered by another topic here in the Rogues forum
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Melee-PvP-Spec

Pretty good build. After researching more, I see that even putting 24 or 28 points into Bard isn't going to help at all if while questing I get stacked by more than 2 mobs (since my pet can't hold aggro against my damage production anymore after about level 35). Instead, I'd have to rely on Slip Away so I could go drink for health. Not sure if there's a minimum player level required before Slip Away becomes available (probably is).
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-08-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Specter

ya its not bad, love BD variants tho

GTG
    Shadowlander

personally I like this build at 40ish

Managing your combo points correctly, you can constantly have up some decent defensive buffs, and the self healing from killing is very nice. The DPS out for this level range is really nice and consistent too.
    Kazox - Level 50 Cleric (Warden/Sentinel/Purifier)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    A Ranger, Marksman, Assassin Role has served me well up to level 40 for solo questing, warfronts, and dungeons. I still think it's a superior Role choice for dungeons.

But my Razorbeast that comes with Ranger can no longer hold aggro against my ranged attacks, so when questing I now inevitably end up in melee. In warfronts the Dire Wolf does eat buffs but that's all it's good for, I'm a target for every warrior with charge ability that sees me (and my stun and run then slow, from Assassin, is insufficient to keep them at range anymore) so I end up in melee and can't keep range. Healers and many ranged Callings suffer more damage, from me, if I melee them than if I do damage at range. Ranged just isn't working very well for me anymore, when questing and in warfronts.

It's obvious to me, since I can't keep at range anymore, that I need some Bard now, for questing and warfronts. Do I need specialized Roles from level 40 to 50, one for PvP and one for questing? Or can I get by with just one Role for them both? Bard and what else if I want to melee rather than rely on sneak attacks? Got any suggested builds to link?
    um... maybe you had not spend enough points into ranger? The first razor just goes until level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylandriel View Post
    um... maybe you had not spend enough points into ranger? The first razor just goes until level 30.
    So true, lol. I re-did that Role, temporarily dropped some from MM and brought Ranger up to the top, at 43 the trainer let me increase levels of all 3 pets into their 40's and that helped a LOT. Just missing a bit of armor ignore, and the MM circle, which I had before. Finally, I can finish up those green quests without going belly down on two mobs! Handling multiple mobs great now, and oinker is holding aggro again. Nice to have all the Greater pets and an instant Call for them every 2 minutes too (Razorbeast for off tanking and most quests, Dire Wolf to really annoy healers, and the Bloodraptor for most PvP and dungeon situations). I'm happy again! Thanks for the replies.
    Specter

Quote Originally Posted by GTG View Post
    personally I like this build at 40ish

Managing your combo points correctly, you can constantly have up some decent defensive buffs, and the self healing from killing is very nice. The DPS out for this level range is really nice and consistent too.
    Ooh, that's a really good PvP spec that just eats me up just as bad as do Warriors who charge through my slows! Now that I've gotten to 48 though and unless I get multi stunned I'm doing better against that build, and warriors too (especially if I can nab the Red Ball! Huzzah!) It's darned annoying and usually deadly for me when I come across that build in bg's, lol.
    Specter

+ Reply to Thread