+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Rogue pve spec atm

Default Best Rogue pve spec atm

What is the best pve spec for us rogues at the moment?
    Please link your specs and rotation
    ALAR

Default the best the best the best

"the best" is gonna get you nowhere. there's alot of soul combos that people like to call "the best" because it works for their own natural playstyle. For instance, even on a basic level, do you do better with ranged or melee? If anything you need to be more specific in what you mean by "THE BEST".

anyway, I've been really liking bladedancer/riftstalker/bard for PvE. (this is pretty bad for PvP)

went with RS skills that heal you for your left over combo points, along with bard's cadence, and always end fights at full health.

not real sure about the exact rotation, but usually rift-warp in (have 3 different ones), basic attack, basic attack, BD finishers, done. If my health starts to get low towards the end of the fight, start throwing off cadences for minor heals and combo points, then get healed by the left over combo points, rinse and repeat.

Stealth/incap is good for two or more mobs, you even have one or two AOE attacks for more hairy situations.

works great for me, esp. as a solo player.

44 sab spec is probably the best for aoe dps and single target with easy in rotation, you can find spec and guide using search.

You may also want to look at the BD/Sin Spec also which has some good melee dps, again use search to read guides on them.

Tx guys! By "the best" I ment exactly what you,other players love to use atm. I'm lvl 41 now and starting to think ahead to the time I'll be lvl 50 and wants to use spec for grinding actually;)...(does that means that I'm using wrong title for this thread?;))...I need spec for pvp...spec for pve...and a spec for dungeon dps...(not realy into tanking with rogue atm)...
    ALAR

RIFT Guide Writer

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...love-the-Rogue)

This thread. Rocks for PVE grinding and fun. Not top DPS though if you have a tank to keep all agro

General of Telara

The "best" spec for the absolute least amount of effort would probably be 44Sab. Sab is the best AoE we have and the single target DPS is not too bad either. It would be a good spec to use while you learn dungeon mechanics while still being able to do good DPS for your group. You can safely be ranged or melee with this spec. Melee will help your DPS on single target.

5 Spike -> Detonate
    5 Shrap -> Detonate
    Repeat once Spike DoT has worn off.

I use the same spec in large warfronts as well because its hilarious to one shot people. Doubt a fresh 50 sab could do that though >_>. Apart from that I won't comment on PvP specs.

For PvE grinding (quests, rifts, etc) there is a thread somewhere in these forums that has some fun soloing specs. Here is the one I used while I grinded:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VG0Iho00z.0VRc

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ab0A0o.0VMcxsb

This spec, its a melee sab which makes it a little more difficult to play but it does incredible damage.
    Last edited by nels; 06-08-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nels View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ab0A0o.0VMcxsb

This spec, its a melee sab which makes it a little more difficult to play but it does incredible damage.
    You'll do better dps with puncture instead of BS, and by dropping points from ambidex to get combat efficiency.

This spec will beat 44sab on any fight unless you absolutely can't melee at all.

BD/sin/NB builds and melee ranger builds do similar single target dps on melee friendly fights.

The OP isn't a raiding 50 though so the advice in this thread won't help much.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    You'll do better dps with puncture instead of BS, and by dropping points from ambidex to get combat efficiency.

This spec will beat 44sab on any fight unless you absolutely can't melee at all.

BD/sin/NB builds and melee ranger builds do similar single target dps on melee friendly fights.

The OP isn't a raiding 50 though so the advice in this thread won't help much.
    You may be right I will parse it out later, i was using backstab because it was more energy efficient. But nice constructive thoughts thanks.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ab0G0s.0VRcxcb

Revamped build

+ Reply to Thread