+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Any way for a Rogue to beat BM DPS?

Default Any way for a Rogue to beat BM DPS?

I'm doing a sabo spec that lets me pull around 800-850 single target, and exponentially more AoE. This is more than I pull on the popularized Sozu build, but I can't outparse any Beastmasters in my guild, nor in PUGs.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...bxkoRz.0AM0x0b

I've been experimenting with NB and BD, but I haven't come across anything that's put me over 1k. I'm running 530 Dex, 471 AP, and 40.71% crit. Any suggestions?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Our Warriors cant touch our rogues. So yes, but not with sab except on AOE fights. Also you have 3 unassigned points. Check my blog for a short description of Bladedancer melee DPS build.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 06-07-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Our Warriors cant touch our rogues. So yes, but not with sab except on AOE fights. Also you have 3 unassigned points. Check my blog for a short description of Bladedancer melee DPS build.
    Not trying to be mean, but your Warriors aren't doing something right. Elite Warriors with relic weapons parse 1900+ on Plutonis.

That being said, bladedance/assassin can get up to 1850+ so there not too far behind.
    Last edited by Poochymama; 06-07-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Soulwalker

Only reason BM's parse 1900 on plutonus is because of spotters order and their silly cats. Make a BD/Ranger build for plutonus and parse 1900+ easy with raptor. Only fight warriors can even touch my dps as a sabo.

Its hard in any MMO to compare DPS as so many environments are different.

Sabo is the top DPS build for Raiding GS and RoS atm only because our normal rotation has a AoE Component, alllowing to get "free dps" boosts while still performing our main role of burning boss.

Single target bosses with no adds your better off as a Bd Variant or a 44 Marks build.

Seriously dont worry too much about dps, i know its personal pride and such, but 90% of the encounters come down to you not stuffing up. Pick a soul you like & enjoy, and get the rotation in your mind so you never have to look at your action bars, then just focus on the fight. Once you master your soul you will see that naturally you will probally do more dps than a FoTM build with a user who is not used to it, or dies all the time because they are too pre-occupied with doign a complex rotation.

Sabo would be ure best bet i think in most situaitons, if not that a Ranger variant depending on gear.
    Last edited by Flaymar; 06-07-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Soulwalker

wow lets pull out the plutonis dps again -_-' so tired of hearing about how awesome your dps is on that guy lol, its not a real situational fight guys. very few fights let you stand still and dps a boss.
    Last edited by cinquefoil; 06-08-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Telaran

i'm using a similar build (only 20nb with the point in heat retention put into murderous intend) and i'm usually top of the dps at single target encounter. but it's a close call with our best warrior. both only with t3 weapons. still waiting for my relic dagger to drop. for me it's working better than the melee ranger builds.

2 of the non relic using warriors in my guild parse 2k on plutonus. still waiting on a rogue parse over 2k, until then i will concede that rogues will never touch a good bms dmg.

btw one of those warriors got a relic the next day after our ros clear and parsed 1568 dps on the dummy without buffs (just fervor/tablet for proper rotation). add another 100dps from spotters and who knows from buffs/debuffs and im thinking he will be 2.2k dps minimum come raid time.

not all warriors know how to play bm properly, also you must have the codex trinket, this thing alone adds insane amounts of dps for a bm, so if they have no pvp gear then there is a very good chance they will lose to an equally geared rogue since we are doing 1900dps rather easily.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by cinquefoil View Post
    wow lets pull out the plutonis dps again -_-' so tired of hearing about how awesome your dps is on that guy lol, its not a real situational fight guys. very few fights let you stand still and dps a boss.
    compare apples to apples. if you like fighting mobs that dont let you dps 100% of the time and comparing parses to it when RNG will affect them 100% of the time, then so be it. but for the rest of us who dont think like a monkey, we will use plutonus to find our max dps and compare it only to other plutonus parses since it is comparing apples to apples with very small variables (the cleansable fear).

i swear, if i was a mod i would delete any post that said plutonus was a bad boss to parse on, it's the ONLY boss to parse on and get any decent figures besides simply using the dummy.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

I've never actually raided yet--I'm still in T2 mode. But again, I have yet to see a rogue build that can consistently out-DPS a Beastmaster.

Right, the three extra would just go in the crit talent for ranger. Guess I didn't notice that while hastily putting the spec up, lol.
    And thanks a lot--I'll be parsing this build shortly to see what I get.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-08-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Warrior > Rogue

Equal gear a Warrior can easily push out up to 200 - 600 more dps than a rogue if they have a clue. Actually with equal gear the rogue has the weakest dps of all the classes. I suspect this is because we have stealth.

Warriors > Rogue

Warriors are better tanks than rogues... obviously

Rogue > Warrior

Ranged DPS

Rogue > Warrior

Support bard though 90% of the time worthless to add to a T2 group plays a superior role in Raids than a warrior. However as stated in another post bards and gear scale horribly...
    Last edited by Warking; 06-08-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    2 of the non relic using warriors in my guild parse 2k on plutonus. still waiting on a rogue parse over 2k, until then i will concede that rogues will never touch a good bms dmg.

btw one of those warriors got a relic the next day after our ros clear and parsed 1568 dps on the dummy without buffs (just fervor/tablet for proper rotation). add another 100dps from spotters and who knows from buffs/debuffs and im thinking he will be 2.2k dps minimum come raid time.

not all warriors know how to play bm properly, also you must have the codex trinket, this thing alone adds insane amounts of dps for a bm, so if they have no pvp gear then there is a very good chance they will lose to an equally geared rogue since we are doing 1900dps rather easily.
    to say he did it without buffs, but then say he has the best melee buff in game currentl;y is crazy talk, further compounded by the fact he was using consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    to say he did it without buffs, but then say he has the best melee buff in game currentl;y is crazy talk, further compounded by the fact he was using consumables.
    if you played a bm warrior you know they can put up bonds and stuff which get overridden in raid situations. i said the same thing to him as you did, but it is impossible to test your rotation as a warrior without fervor and tablet... but he literally had no other buffs besides those (not even self-buffs). he was only testing rotations, just saying that is a pretty high number for someone not trying to get the max number or even utilization buffs at his disposal.

Without using the codex trinket or CDs I parse a good 150 higher on dunsparrow's build than on my sab build--thanks, I really like this for single target. However, all of my BM friends still parse consistently higher. This is all self-buffed on the boss dummy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast