+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue PvP video

Soulwalker

Default Rogue PvP video

for those bored/interested.

Put together some clips over a day and threw together a short video with music. Sorry about the resolution/quality(helps to fullscreen with 1080p), I was lazy and used the in game Rift recorder(which is suck). Hope you enjoy, some of the fights are decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oeqW477ECI

I was all ready, about to troll you for having a 30 second intro... then I actually took the time to watch your video. I really liked it, first decent Rogue video that wasn't Stealth>All Cooldowns>Oneshot>Slip Away.

Looking forward to your next one! (Hopefully with marginally shorter intro :P)
    Last edited by Phantomz; 06-07-2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Khameleon - Defiant Rogue - Briarcrest PvP

Soulwalker

thanks, ya intro is a little excessive.... I just need to pick a song with a shorter buildup haha

Shadowlander

Hey there.

I'm not an expert on Rift Rogue gameplay yet, but I have seen tons of (mainly WoW) Rogue-type videos.

And I like your vid. It's nothing groundbreaking, but the footage is solid, (no ganking of half HP people when they are alone etc) the editing is...well not really there but because of that it's not annoying. (Remember those guys always zooming in on crits?) It's a nice watch.

About the intro: It wasn't too long, but I expected something like you riding to the place of the first fight, mount off and mesh both scenes together or something like that. As it is right now, it feels a bit out of place, and the typical "Rogue standing in cool position"-intro with information like your name, server etc. popping up would have been better.

About the music: I'm not really a fan of this type of music, but I am really greatful that it's not another PvP video with a Metal soundtrack.

I would like to see a full version of this (20+ minutes).
    Oh and the Video quality was ok, 1080 p fullscreen was very watchable.

Telaran

Was going to say no one there really presented you a challenge or they were all already interested in doing/fighting something else. BUT this is how rogue play is meant to be so this is not a justified flame.

Props on making a video

Plane Touched

I liked it aswell, hope you do a 20min one

Soulwalker

Thanks all
    I've found that nobody will ever really agree on music, but I like how rap/electronic music flow in gaming videos. I put my clips to some metal/rock stuff and it didn't feel right to me.

Soulwalker

shameless bump

Couple things:

First off, great video. Probably the more entertaining one I've watched so far in Rift.

However, I'm in roughly the same gear as you as far as I can tell (Full p6) and I'm not quite lasting that long. You won a 1v3 against a cleric, mage, and warrior? I think. Are the people on your server just not very well geared? Or was it because they were preoccupied? I just dont seem to be able to compete with your damage if I don't get the opener out of stealth. :/

Also in that first fight you were healing off of something called "Blood Thirsty" I believe. What is this? Is it a trinket or an essence or something? Sorry if this is a stupid question, it just seems pretty kick-*** to have.

Once again, great video! I can't think of anything negative about it :P
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

Soulwalker

blood thirsty is a guild perk that goes off on a player kill. Your guild will have to spend points into it for you to be able to get it. Requires a silver artifact, really essential if youre solo.

Ahhh yeah... I never bothered to spend cash on those although we do have the perk. I guess I'll have to pick some up, it would help alot. Thanks!!!
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    Ahhh yeah... I never bothered to spend cash on those although we do have the perk. I guess I'll have to pick some up, it would help alot. Thanks!!!
    It's priceless.

Good video.
    RL 50 Warrior R7 - Sublime (NOIR)~ Briarcliff
    Convict 50 Rogue R2
    Mage alt (39)

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Damn, nice video! Could you link the two main builds you're using for your melee and ranged specs? Thanks!
    Last edited by Weirik; 06-08-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Soulwalker

Can you teach me to be as awesome as you?

An actual good pvp video...nice!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast