+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rune Carved Bow - RD

Default Rune Carved Bow - RD

Hello,

I have been running RD for ages hoping for this bow (Rune Carved Bow - 36 dam) to drop. I have been told it drops from trash mobs, those that are on the bottom stairs before the rift.

Can anyone confirm exactly which mobs have a chance at dropping it please? So many with such vague answers is frustrating

Thanks.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Telaran

Ive seen it drop from all sorts of mobs in there, so I would say just use the LFD tool with your guild to chain run it till it drops for you. Not a bad idea if you are after Cover of Night, Eyemangler, Rogue Tanking drops with +38 toughness, the dex heavy DPS rings or Shard of Planes.

Rift Chaser

It can drop from ANY mob in the instance, even the bosses. Havent been lucky enough to win the roll on one yet though, still using Abyssal Musket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Thank you both for your responses. Because of the misleading information I was led to believe that the yellow con mobs were not worth killing for it, including the ghostly mobs.

I shall sweep the place clean.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Last boss in CC drops an equally good bow

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/AEB1BAB2...lt-Recurve-Bow
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Soulwalker

Random drops are a strange thing. Ive had three of them drop on the pull right before Falindor. I have no clue how many runs Ive run so i wont pretend to list some arbitrary number. RD is a really fast instance, with a good group you could be clearing 2 an hour.

25+ Rd runs, seen it once... looted it and used it for awhile. g'luck getting it!

took my friend 18 runs to get suncrusher, took my warrior 1 run to get bane of champions... g'luck getting the loot you want as random is random!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I've only seen it once in 25+ runs and I was lucky enough to be the only one who could use it. It's a shame though cuz I'm a tank, so it hardly ever gets used.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    Last boss in CC drops an equally good bow

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/AEB1BAB2...lt-Recurve-Bow
    Rune Carved Bow is better.

Plane Walker

ALTERNATIVELY:
    Save up the plats and just buy the bow when it goes up on the AH since the drop rates are so ridiculously low.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphien View Post
    Rune Carved Bow is better.
    considering your only using it for the 36dps, they are both equal, just like kaler's shortbow is, they will give you the same dps and the other little stats are so minor u wont even notice the difference. but going from the 30.2 dps crafted bow to any 36dps bow is such a huge dps increase it doesnt matter.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

I got mine on my 2nd or 3rd run there, so I got lucky on that. However, this bit should make you feel a little better maybe, I have run 30-40 expert RD's and still not seen the Shard of Power or the Cover of Night. I'm past the point of needing the helm, but I still run RD a lot, just on the principle of getting the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calysto View Post
    I got mine on my 2nd or 3rd run there, so I got lucky on that. However, this bit should make you feel a little better maybe, I have run 30-40 expert RD's and still not seen the Shard of Power or the Cover of Night. I'm past the point of needing the helm, but I still run RD a lot, just on the principle of getting the damn thing.
    lol saw both cover of night and shard of planes on my very first RD run, however lost roll on shard but did get helm.

I've had a friend that has both, have them both drop in the same run, 3x's when I wasn't on. Another friend of mine got the helm on his 2nd run, and trinket on his 3rd. This "random" stuff can be very frustrating. They need to remove the ability of the final boss to drop all other epics. Needs to just go back to dropping their specific loot only. Also, have a guildie who has the full set from T2's that goes with the Cover of Night graphic set, got it all in 4-5 days pre 1.2. I have done probably 80+ T2's since hitting 50, if not more, and have seen 1 piece of epic dps leather. I have seen, just guessing the actual number, something like 8 full sets of epic chain, as well as like 10x's as many cleric maces and totems and jewelry and trinkets than any other class.

Loot needs looked at again if you ask me, or maybe I'm just the most unlucky person for loot in T2's.

Soulwalker

I got mine of the last boss. So pretty much anything can drop it. You just have to get lucky.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast