+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue leveling build on pvp server

Soulwalker

Default Rogue leveling build on pvp server

Im looking to level a rogue on a pvp server...

i wanted to know a good rogue build for soloing/questing...as well as a good build for PVPing.

any help would be awesome!!

Rift Master

Melee:

Go 13 into Riftstalker for Rift Scavenger (unused combo points heal for 6% each) rest into pretty much what you want, Assassin is a good choice for a PvP server. Once you have enough points to get Enduring Brew in Assassin change spec and go all out Assassin with 0 points into Ranger for ranger attack and finisher. Enduring Brew will top you up after each mob and will not break stealth if used before going into stealth -it has a damage DoT that does not break stealth.

PvP during leveling and get 10 points into the PvP soul as you will need Cleanse Soul to use and Slip Away -post 31- to counter gangers and reset a fight to when you are ready.

Ranged:

Some go MM and kite everything, I rather go deep Ranger and let the pet get beaten up lol. Ranger is cool and fun all the way to 50 even in PvP.

Melee PvP is basically are you able to stay on target using your mouse or not? Pretty much thats it, people wil always zigzag and move in half circles trying to lose you. If you can not stay on them go ranged or Nightblade, if you can play melee.

Soulwalker

thanks! any other thoughts?

any combos with riftstalker for heals and BD

I just rolled a Defiant rogue on the same server as my Guardian rogue, just for sh!ts and giggles and to gank Guardians i don't like :P

It has taken me 2 weeks to get to lvl49 and i have been totaly taking my time, i could have done it much quicker. My current build @ 49 is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bR.E0dAzk0R0dz
    This build is a breeze to level.

First you concentrate on picking up the crit stuff from assassin, then level BD untill you pick up deadly dance. After this just put the points in as you feel you need the skills, basicaly whatever suits your playstyle.
    I used the pig from stealth then opened with assassinate, its quick and effective.
    In PvP this build rocks at lvl's 10-49, i havent tried it on my lvl 50 though, he is 51sin / 15 Inf / 0 rngr.

In WF's i totaly dominate other rogues, mages and clerics. Warriors are cake if dissasemble lands.
    The only soul i have had problems with is NecroLock but i still kill them more than they kill me.
    Blade tempo is awesome vs Clerics, i usualy open with bleeds then when they go for the big heal its just foul play > blade tempo > then watch them melt.

I have just moved to stillmoor recently (lvl48) and managed to kill a BM and RS/Sin at the same time, they where lvl49 and 50. I opened on the BM with bleeds then hit blade tempo > Dancing steel, when the BM died the rogue was on 30% HP and had used his CC's while i was invuln using dancing steel, so it was just a foul play and 2 builders to kill him.
    The build rox sub 50, give it a try
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

+ Reply to Thread