+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saboteur(28)/SIN(20)/BD(18)

Rift Master

Default Saboteur(28)/SIN(20)/BD(18)

Well while looking for the best of both worlds (AoE and single target) I mixed a few points around and worked out that I think is a much better rotation. Annihilation does the same single target damage as a 1CP Detonate but cost 10 less power. You can also cut one cool down from you rotation as you don't need BS/Keen/Etc to get that extra Also once 1.3 goes live this rotation works better because the new Deadly Dance changes it's buff to work on charges so you gets hit to gain a CP doesn't benefit from Deadly Dance. I might be wrong on that but that how I read it.

Rotation
    Spike X5 -> Deadly Strike -> Annihilation -> Shrapnel X5 -> Detonate -> Spike X5 -> Deadly Strike -> Keen -> Detonate -> Repeat and use Annihilation Bomb as the cool down is up.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcxcb.VV0G0R

My gear isn't the best but here are some parses. The first one is single target DPS with no buffs but my own. Second one is against 3 target dummies and the third one is my stats.

Single Target DPS (743)
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/412...etarget.th.jpg

Three mob DPS (1505)
    http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2117/threemob.th.jpg

Stats
    http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5...6205835.th.jpg

You're wasting 5 combopoints when doing: Annihilation -> 5 Shrapnel Charges.
    An option would be to cast a finisher right after Annihilation Bomb.

I still prefer my 44 Sab / 20 Sin / 2 RNG. Steady DPS and the ability to keep your DPS decent while moving out of melee range. High Explosives is just awesome.
    Last edited by Cinerus; 06-07-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Telaran

Deadly Dance is the finisher. He's using it enhance his charge damage

Default fixed in 1.3

thankfully the charge expliot is fixed in 1.3 as im sick of people claimin all sabs use it

Quote Originally Posted by l1nkdead View Post
    thankfully the charge expliot is fixed in 1.3 as im sick of people claimin all sabs use it
    Nope. The same Sab/BD/Sin rotation that does the best DPS now will be used post-1.3 as well but with one small switch to the order. Currently, the best rotation is

5x Spike, Deadly Strike, Puncture, Detonate, 5x Shrapnel, Detonate

On the Test server, using a saboteur charge while you have the Deadly Dance buff does correctly decrease your Deadly Dance buff counter by 1, but it now also gives you another temporary buff that causes your next cycle of charges to do the increased damage. This means that the current rotation needs to be tweaked slightly, but is still almost identical. All you do is switch Puncture and one of the spike charges (although Backstab or Savage/Keen will probably be better to use than Puncture for a few reasons).

As far as the build in the OP... Anni Bomb really isn't worth it in this build in my opinion. It is a slight DPS increase on fights with two or three targets, but is useless any other time. It saves you 1 GCD but does so much less damage than Puncture+Detonate that it's not really an improvement, plus it can only be used every 30 seconds. You'll do more damage if you pick up the third point of Combat Efficiency and Puncture (or Backstab in the patch, or perhaps 3% more dex from BD).

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

yea, ive always used 44sab/20sin/2rng and ppl always mad that im exploiting and stuff, since any raid fight with adds i beat everyone on dps!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I'm sick of rogues who don't know **** about their class crying about this "exploit"
    The ONLY thing broken about the current rotation is that puncture gets double damage when it shouldn't. The FIX coming in 1.3 will lower DPS of a proper sabdancer by a negligible amount.

edit: for anyone curious, when it comes to sabdancer, Dinadass knows his ****. Read any posts he's made about the build and you can probably figure out how to do it right.
    Last edited by Reamerer; 06-07-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reamerer View Post
    I'm sick of rogues who don't know **** about their class crying about this "exploit"
    The ONLY thing broken about the current rotation is that puncture gets double damage when it shouldn't. The FIX coming in 1.3 will lower DPS of a proper sabdancer by a negligible amount.

edit: for anyone curious, when it comes to sabdancer, Dinadass knows his ****. Read any posts he's made about the build and you can probably figure out how to do it right.
    Well the current implementation of Deadly Dance on live servers is bugged when it comes to Sab charges, you can't really argue that. Applying a charge should lower the Deadly Dance stack by one, but doesn't.

The current fix on the PTR just means we have to swap the order of two abilities. The fact that they made that change rather than completely breaking Sab/BD tells me they're fine with people using the build, since they could have just as easily made the new buff only affect one charge rather than a whole cycle of charges.

Plane Touched

why should applying a charge remove deadly dance? detonate doesn't work without cp's, and charges add a cp for simply that reason. consider charges as 0 damage cp builders.

the only bug i see is that it should apply 63% damage, not 105% damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reamerer View Post

i believe his comment was on the fact that OTHER ppl (not himself) were saying he was exploiting cause they saw him throwing charges. i dont think any rogue actually cares if another rogue exploits :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Isriam View Post
    why should applying a charge remove deadly dance? detonate doesn't work without cp's, and charges add a cp for simply that reason. consider charges as 0 damage cp builders.

the only bug i see is that it should apply 63% damage, not 105% damage.
    Deadly Dance: Your Deadly Strike increases the damage of your next 3 Combo Point generating abilities by 21% per Combo Point.

Saboteur charges are combo point generating abilities. With the current Sab/BD build, you can do 13ish charges on one Deadly Dance. This is clearly not what they had in mind when they designed the talent.

However, the fix on the test server singles out sab charges and treats them differently than other combo point abilities, so maybe the devs like the way this build works or something.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Valhalla Tea's Avatar

build is good, my rotation is almost the same, but the pic is too small to chcek lol

Plane Touched

I haven't played on PTS for 1.3 but will the new rotation be:

5x Spike > Deadly > Detonate
    5x Shrap > Detonate
    4x Spike > Puncture > Deadly > 1x Spike > Detonate
    5x Shrap > Detonate

??

Quote Originally Posted by Ruination View Post
    I haven't played on PTS for 1.3 but will the new rotation be:

5x Spike > Deadly > Detonate
    5x Shrap > Detonate
    4x Spike > Puncture > Deadly > 1x Spike > Detonate
    5x Shrap > Detonate

??
    how are you going to detonate after deadly dance on your first rotation?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla Tea View Post
    build is good, my rotation is almost the same, but the pic is too small to chcek lol
    Sorry for some reason it put the thumb version of it.. You can remove the .th to get the full or links below.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4129/singletarget.jpg
    http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2117/threemob.jpg
    http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5...0606205835.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast