+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible ranger PVE spec (need advice)

Telaran

Default Possible ranger PVE spec (need advice)

Was wondering if anyone could advise me on this spec, I saw Sozu's 1.2 post but personally I dont agree with alot of what is said there, so I built my own which I am currently testing.

But I wouldn't mind some advice and constructive criticism

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...**sk0z.0VMcx0b

Soulwalker

Is this a serious post?

The build Sozu posted really isn't that difficult to come up with. I never visit these forums (proven by my post count) and was running this build since looong before 1.2. Also, the changes for post-1.2 were also pretty common sense (starting using Shadow Fire since it now buffs ALL Ranger abilities by 35%, and spam Ranger abilities instead of Marksman to take advantage of the 35% boost.. who would have thought!?). I'm honestly not sure what you could possibly not agree with from what he posted!

If you're going to play this type of a hybrid build (31 Ranger, with 18 MM for pedestal, and Sin for dmg boost/crit) there really are only minor changes that you could make from Sozu's post that even make sense.

Which parts from the posted info don't you agree with? Maybe if you explain where the issue is, people can help explain why they are done that way.

* Also, since your build is an exact duplicate of the posted build (so far), the only constructive criticism to really give at this point is that you have 3/3 into Improved Quick Shot, which IS overkill more than likely. The only way 3/3 wouldn't be a waste would be if you only used 1 Quick Shot per rotation.. otherwise, you are going to overwrite your bleed before it gets to tick down, which is just a wasted point when it could be used elsewhere!
    Last edited by Titan793; 06-06-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Telaran

Does it looks like I'm joking around? Specs are there to be messed around with to find whatever you feel comfortable with

Personally I dont like the idea of having to use Crippling Shot and Piercing shot just because they do more dmg straight off the bat, Id rather spam Quick shot which causes a bleed over an ability that is essentially better used in PVP

Ive been a wow veteran for years, I always read up the best specs but then I alter them to suit my needs as a player, Im not hardcore raider who sits and does number crunches every night before a raid to ensure that I do the best possible DPS

I dropped Master Huntsman and Double Shot

I couldn't give a toss about combat parsings... As long as the boss goes down without a struggle & you do good enough DPS and live to the tell the tale, then you've done your job... I dont need to be top of the charts mate

I dont need to go around boasting that I can do 1k DPS and bragging about my e-peen

Rift Chaser

This thread is so full of fail...

First off your build link only has 45 points.

Secondly, you are basically saying I just want to use what I want because I like it better, screw everyone else. Thats fine and dandy for solo play and you should play the game to have fun, but not optimizing your dps in a group is just ****ing over everyone else.

EDIT: Also if you are just constantly reapplying the bleed, its not ticking and doing damage. The bleed will still tick and do damage while you cast crippling/poison shot.
    Last edited by Noburu; 06-06-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

+ Reply to Thread